Location in Weston County and the state of Wyoming.
|• Total||1.9 sq mi (5.0 km2)|
|• Land||1.9 sq mi (5.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||4,321 ft (1,317 m)|
|• Density||110/sq mi (42/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||1601947|
Osage is located at (43.982948, -104.424145).
As of the census of 2000, there were 215 people, 101 households, and 61 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 111.0 people per square mile (42.8/km²). There were 124 housing units at an average density of 64.0/sq mi (24.7/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 96.74% White, 2.79% Native American, and 0.47% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.93% of the population.
There were 101 households out of which 20.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.5% were married couples living together, 6.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 39.6% were non-families. 34.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 14.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.08 and the average family size was 2.62.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 19.5% under the age of 18, 7.9% from 18 to 24, 24.7% from 25 to 44, 28.8% from 45 to 64, and 19.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44 years. For every 100 females there were 104.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 119.0 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $25,096, and the median income for a family was $28,000. Males had a median income of $51,250 versus $20,917 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $24,974. About 9.5% of families and 12.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 14.7% of those under the age of eighteen and 11.1% of those sixty five or over.
Public education in the community of Osage is provided by Weston County School District #1.
- "2010 City Population and Housing Occupancy Status". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Clay Spur bentonite plant
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Wyoming Place Names". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on April 11, 2011. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clay Spur Bentonite Plant and Camp.|