|Location||335 Bilton Road, Somers, Connecticut 06071|
|Security class||Level 3 (Medium)|
|Managed by||Connecticut Department of Correction|
Osborn Correctional Institution (OCI), formerly known as the Connecticut Correctional Institution – Somers, is a medium security state prison that includes a high security mental health unit for men of the Connecticut Department of Correction located in Somers, Connecticut. It has capacity of 1900 inmates, making it amongst the largest prisons in the state and one of the oldest operational facilities in Connecticut.
It housed the state's execution chamber until 2015, when capital punishment was declared unconstitutional. It also housed the male death row inmates until 1995 when they were transferred to the nearby Northern Correctional Institution.
OCI was opened in November 1963, it served as a replacement for Old Wethersfield State Prison, it was originally the state's maximum-security prison until 1994 when it was declared into medium security prison.
- Michael Bruce Ross, convicted serial killer, was executed by lethal injection on May 13, 2005. He was the first and only person executed in Connecticut and all of New England after capital punishment was reinstated. Ross was voluntarily executed after waiving his appeals.
- Francis Clifford Smith, The oldest living and longest serving inmate in both Connecticut and U.S history, as well as the second longest serving inmate in world history.
- "Osborn CI". CT.gov - Connecticut's Official State Website.
The Osborn Correctional Institution, formerly known as the Connecticut Correctional Institution-Somers, was opened in November of 1963 as a replacement for the Old Wethersfield State Prison.
- "Administration of Capital Punishment Directive Number 6.15." Connecticut Department of Correction. October 19, 2004. 1/9. Retrieved on August 16, 2010. "Execution Area. A series of four (4) contiguous rooms in the Osborn Correctional Institution comprised of the..."
- "Connecticut Death Penalty Law Is Unconstitutional, Court Rules". New York Times. August 15, 2015. Retrieved August 15, 2015.
- "Northern Correctional Institution." Connecticut Department of Correction. Retrieved on August 16, 2010.
- "10 Oldest Prisoners in the World". 2 October 2018.
- "Department of Correction Inmate Information Search".