|Born||April 24, 1886|
|Died||October 22, 1949
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Head coaching record|
Oscar J. Dahlene (April 24, 1886 – October 22, 1949) was an American college football player and coach. He was the eighth president of Pritchett College in Glasgow, Missouri, serving from 1917 until 1920. He died in 1949 in Alabama.
The 1908 Kansas Jayhawks were the undisputed Missouri Valley Conference champion and finished with a record of 9–0. As a kicker, he was the only player to score in the first half of the Nebraska game in 1908, scoring 16 points. Kansas won the game by a score of 20–15, thus making Dahlene's 16 points critical to their undefeated 9–0 season and conference title.
After graduation from the University of Kansas, Dahlene was named the fourth head football coach at Ottawa University in Ottawa, Kansas and he held that position for the 1910 season. His coaching record at Ottawa was 2–3–1.  His 1910 teams was outscored by one point: 30 to 29.
Dahlene's first game as a head coach was against his former mentor, A. R. Kennedy.
|1||L||Kansas||0-11||Opposing coach A. R. Kennedy accumulated more wins than any other coach at KU and is second in winning percentage. Game was played October 10, 1910 in Lawrence, Kansas.|
|2||W||Washburn University||9-0||Washburn ended the season 4-4|
|3||T||Baker University||3-3||Baker returned to competition this year because the Kansas conference of the Methodist church had banned the game from the Baker campus in 1893|
|4||W||Haskell Indian Nations University||11-0||Home game on November 13, 1910 This was one of seven losses for Haskell, who completed the season at an uncharacteristic poor record of 2-7|
|5||L||Kansas Normal School||0-5||Opposing coach Fred Honhart completed season 5-2.|
|6||L||William Jewell College||6-11||William Jewell fielded Charles M. Boyer, future US Army Colonel and member of the Southern Football Officials’ Association|
- Missouri Historical Review, 26:223-235, “Pritchett College,” Smith, T. Berry (1932)
- Chicago Daily News, 1919 Almanac Archive (large file to load)
- Lawrence Journal World Monday, October 24, 1949
- 1909 Kansas Jayhawker Yearbook, page 212
- University of Kansas 1908 Football Records
- 1909 Kansas Jayhawker Yearbook, page 216
- KU Sports Football History, Win/Loss Record 1890 - 1910
- University of Kansas 1909 football records
- KU Sports News
- "2012 Football Media Guide" (PDF). Ottawa Braves. p. 7. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- Ottawa University 1910 season results
- A.R. "Bert" Kennedy's 1910 season at KU
- Washburn University football guide
- Kansas Historical Quarterly College Football in Kansas
- College Football Reference, Ottawa University
- ShrpSports.com 1910 Haskell Football
- Emporia State media guide
- Arlington National Cemetery, Charles M. Boyer