|Full name||Oscar Lee Gobern|
|Date of birth||26 January 1991|
|Place of birth||Birmingham, England|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|2009||→ Milton Keynes Dons (loan)||2||(0)|
|2014||→ Chesterfield (loan)||3||(0)|
|2015–2016||Queens Park Rangers||0||(0)|
|2015||→ Doncaster Rovers (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:02, 29 April 2017 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 23:31, 31 October 2015 (UTC)
Gobern was born in Birmingham and joined the Saints Academy after a brief spell with Aston Villa. He made his league début as a substitute at Deepdale against Preston North End on 1 November 2008, as the "Saints" came from 2–0 down to claim a 3–2 victory.
After making seven appearances the season earlier, Gobern made his first appearance of the 2009–10 season in a 1–1 draw with Millwall, making a further two appearances for the Saints before, on 17 September, he was loaned out to fellow League One side Milton Keynes Dons on a one-month deal, making his debut as a 24th-minute substitute against Walsall on 14 October. After the match, manager Paul Ince commented "We had a young lad in Oscar Gobern playing left-back, who I thought did a fantastic job." Gobern also made a brief appearance as an 89th-minute substitute against Gillingham on 17 October, when he played alongside his elder brother, Lewis, for the first time in a professional match, before returning to Southampton after making just two appearances for the Dons. He went on to make a further four appearances for the Saints that season.
Gobern's first goal in his professional career came in the 87th minute for Southampton against Cheltenham Town, in the FA Cup Second Round on 27 November 2010. He received his first professional red card in a 3–1 victory at Bournemouth. His first professional league goal for Southampton came on 30 April 2011 in stoppage time of a 3–0 victory at Brentford. Gobern made a total of 13 appearances for Nigel Adkins' side during the 2010–11 season as the Saints gained automatic promotion to the Football Championship, with Gobern's scoring two goals.
On 19 June, it was announced that he was set to join League One club Huddersfield Town, having failed to agree a new deal at St. Mary's when his contract expired at the conclusion of the 2010–11 season, but he has instead opted to move to West Yorkshire. The compensation fee was decided by a tribunal on 5 September 2011 as £275,000, rising to £400,000 on appearances. He signed a two-year deal with the Terriers on 1 July. He made his debut in a 1–1 draw against Bury at the Galpharm Stadium on 6 August 2011. His first goal for the Terriers came in the 3–0 win over Sheffield United at Brammall Lane on 13 September 2011. Gobern scored his second goal of the season in the clubs 6–0 thrashing of Wycombe Wanderers away in January 2012 when teammate Jordan Rhodes scored the other 5. Gobern made a total of 21 league appearances scoring twice making a total of 25 appearances in all competitions during his first at Huddersfield as they finished the season as Play-off champions winning promotion to the Championship after beating Sheffield United on penalties in the Wembley final.
The following season was disrupted by injury and it wasn't until late February 2013 when Gobern was playing in the first team, however he became a key part of the side that survived relegation and was subsequently offered a new 3-year deal, which he accepted, keeping him at the club until the summer of 2016.
Queens Park Rangers
On 6 August 2015, Gobern signed a one-year deal with Queens Park Rangers following a successful trial period. On 12 August 2015 Gobern made his competitive QPR debut in a 3–0 win away to Yeovil Town in the first round of the 2015–16 Football League Cup, he started the game and was replaced by Junior Hoilett in the 77th minute.
On 20 January 2017, Gobern signed for Scottish Premiership club Ross County until the end of the 2016–17 season. He left at the end of the season, making only one appearance as a substitute in the Scottish Cup against Aberdeen.
As an international player Gobern has represented the country of his birth England at International level having been capped at England Under-19 Level during his time at Southampton in 2009. Receiving his first call up for a friendly match against Russia Under-19s at Shrewsbury Town's ProStar Stadium in September 2009. He made his début in the match coming on as a substitute in the 60th minute in the 2–1 win over Russia.
Gobern is the brother of fellow professional footballer Lewis Gobern.
- As of 29 April 2017 
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Milton Keynes Dons (loan)||2009–10||League One||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||0|
|Huddersfield Town||2011–12||League One||21||2||0||0||2||0||2||0||25||2|
|Chesterfield (loan)||2014–15||League One||3||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||3||0|
|Queens Park Rangers||2015–16||Championship||0||0||0||0||2||0||0||0||2||0|
|Doncaster Rovers (loan)||2015–16||League One||5||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||5||0|
|Mansfield Town||2016–17||League Two||9||0||0||0||0||0||2||0||11||0|
|Ross County||2016–17||Scottish Premiership||0||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||1||0|
- Soccerbase incorrectly credit the appearance against Walsall on 10 October 2009 to Lewis Gobern
- "Gobern Fee Set". saintsfc.co.uk. 5 September 2011. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
- "Oscar winning performance". www.saintsfc.co.uk. 1 November 2008. Retrieved 2 November 2008.
- "Remember, Remember the 1st of November... McGoldrick, Surman and Pearce!". www.saintsfc.co.uk. 1 November 2008. Retrieved 18 December 2008.
- "Ince Recruits Saint Oscar". mkdons.com. 17 September 2009. Retrieved 17 September 2009.
- "Full-Time: Mk Dons 1 Walsall 0". www.mkdons.com. 14 October 2009. Retrieved 27 October 2009.
- "Full-Time: Mk Dons 2 Gillingham 0". www.mkdons.com. 17 October 2009. Retrieved 27 October 2009.
- "Saints vs Cheltenham Match Facts". saintsfc.co.uk. 27 November 2010. Retrieved 27 November 2010.
- "Brentford 0–3 Southampton". BBC News.
- "OSCAR GOBERN SIGNS FOR TOWN". htafc.com. 1 July 2011. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- "BBC Sport – Huddersfield 1–1 Bury". Bbc.co.uk. 2011-08-06. Retrieved 2015-08-13.
- "League One round-up: Huddersfield win knocks Sheffield United off top". The Guardian. London. 13 September 2011.
- Woods, Penny (6 January 2012). "Jordan Rhodes's five-goal trick for Huddersfield stuns Wycombe". The Guardian. London.
- "Oscar Gobern | Football Stats | Queen's Park Rangers | Age 24". Soccer Base. Retrieved 2015-08-13.
-  Archived 1 June 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Oscar Gobern: Chesterfield sign Huddersfield midfielder on loan". BBC Sport. 23 October 2014. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "Yeovil 0–3 QPR". BBC Sport. 12 August 2015. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "QPR sign Oscar Gobern". QPR. 6 August 2015. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Mansfield Town: Ex-Huddersfield and QPR midfielder Oscar Gobern joins". BBC Sport. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- "Midfielder Oscar Gobern arrives at the Global Energy Stadium". Ross County F.C. 20 January 2017. Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "Ross County 0-1 Aberdeen". Ross County F.C. 11 February 2017. Retrieved 15 July 2017.
- "Oscar Gobern". TheFA.com. Retrieved 2015-08-13.
- [dead link]
- "Oscar Gobern". Soccerway. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- Oscar Gobern at Soccerbase