Osceola High School (Kissimmee, Florida)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Osceola High School|
420 South Thacker Avenue|
Kissimmee, Florida 34741
|Type||Public, high school|
|Established||September 5, 1887|
|School district||School District of Osceola County|
|NCES District ID||1201470|
|Superintendent||Dr. Debra Pace|
|NCES School ID||120147001469|
|Teaching staff||135.00 FTE|
|Student to teacher ratio||19.57|
|Color(s)||Blue and gold|
|Athletics conference||Orange Belt Conference|
|Accreditation||Southern Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Average SAT scores (2012)||901|
|Average ACT scores (2014)||18|
|Website||Osceola High School website|
Osceola High School (OHS) is a public high school located in Kissimmee, Florida, USA. The school was established on September 5, 1887 along with 20 other schools in Osceola County. It was referred to as "the Kissimmee school" until it received the name "Osceola High School" in 1889.
OHS enrolls students in grades 9-12 and is part of the School District of Osceola County. The school serves students within Kissimmee and enrolled 2,336 students as of the 2012-2013 school year. It is a minority-majority school in that students who identify as Hispanic outnumber students who identify as other ethnicities.
As of the 2012-2013 school year, the ethnic makeup of OHS is as follows:
|American Indian/Alaskan Native||0.6|
Smaller Learning Communities
Osceola High consists of small learning communities within the school, teams of teachers who work together to meet the individual needs and interests of their students.
Air Force JROTC
Osceola High School's JROTC ranked second in the category of Best Overall Unit out of 17 in the state.
- JROTC - In 2008-2009, 2013-2014, and 2014-2015 the color guards and drill teams won 1st place overall in the state of Florida
Awards and recognition
- John Hugh "Buddy" Dyer, mayor of Orlando and Florida State Senator
- Charles H. Bronson, Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services commissioner
- William James Bryan, United States Senator of Florida
- A. J. McLean, singer from the Backstreet Boys
- Brett Williams, American football player
- Taula "Hikuleo" Fifita, professional wrestler
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Osceola". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Osceola High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- "OSCEOLA HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- "Membership by School by Race/Gender, 2012-13". Florida Department of Education. Archived from the original on 31 May 2013. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Evaluation and Reporting - ACT/SAT/AP Data". Florida Department of Education. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "Home School website needs to be updated. Page". Osceola High School. Retrieved 26 Oct 2013.
- C. A. Carson (1 May 1914). "The Public Schools of Osceola County". Kissimmee Valley Gazette. 17 (19). Kissimmee, FL. p. 13. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "School Accountability Reports". Florida Department of Education. Retrieved 27 October 2013.