Osco Township, Henry County, Illinois
Location in Henry County
Henry County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||36.5 sq mi (95 km2)|
|• Land||36.5 sq mi (95 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||751 ft (229 m)|
|• Density||12.6/sq mi (4.9/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61238, 61254, 61273, 61274|
|GNIS feature ID||0429509|
Osco Township is one of twenty-four townships in Henry County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 459 and it contained 193 housing units. Osco changed its name from Essex Township on April 13, 1857.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.5 square miles (95 km2), all land.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Edford Township (north)
- Geneseo Township (northeast)
- Munson Township (east)
- Cambridge Township (southeast)
- Andover Township (south)
- Lynn Township (southwest)
- Western Township (west)
- Colona Township (northwest)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Grace Episcopal and Morristown.
- Cambridge Community Unit School District 227
- Geneseo Community Unit School District 228
- Orion Community Unit School District 223
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 71
- State Senate District 36
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Osco Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Colona Township||Edford Township||Geneseo Township|
|Western Township||Munson Township|
|Lynn Township||Andover Township||Cambridge Township|