|Motto: Together we can succeed|
|Time zone||South African Standard Time (UTC+1)|
After Iipumpu Ya Tshilongo, king of the Uukwambi from 1907 to 1932, had resisted the establishment of mission stations in his territory for years, he finally allowed the Catholic Church to establish the first mission station in former Ovamboland in Oshikuku in 1924. The station was established under the leadership of missionary and later Archbishop Joseph Gotthardt. Oshikuku is until today home to a Roman Catholic Church parish.
Oshikuku Town hosts numerous informal traders and hawkers, who frequently sell at roadsites and public spaces (e.g. in front of the hospital). In 2014 the construction of a modern market facility was completed and the majority of street vendors moved to this new facility. After an initial completion of the construction in 2013, the potential tenants demanded several improvements before showing willingness to move in. The market features numerous open stalls and several rooms with access to electricity, water and sanitation. The market is expected to increase safety and hygiene of trade in Oshikuku.
Since 2007, Oshikuku has a government built and managed industrial park, accommodating various SMEs and larger businesses. The facility aims at increasing the town´s manufacturing potential by providing subsidised business amenities, preferably to local small and medium enterprises. Oshikuku Industrial Park was developed by the Offshore Development Company (ODC).
- "Table 4.2.2 Urban population by Census years (2001 and 2011)" (PDF). Namibia 2011 - Population and Housing Census Main Report. Namibia Statistics Agency. p. 39. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- Hartman, Adam (27 Aug 2010). "Town regrading a ‘sad move’". The Namibian.
- Nujoma, Sam (26 August 2002). "Heroes' Acre Namibia Opening Ceremony - inaugural speech". via namibia-1on1.com.
- Shiremo, Shampapi (22 July 2011). "Bishop Joseph Gotthardt: A determined missionary along the Kavango River (1880-1963)". New Era. Archived from the original on 11 January 2013.
- Oshikuku Parish at RCChurch.na
- With New Town CEOs, Namibian Sun, 14 Feb 2011
- "Know Your Local Authority". Election Watch (3). Institute for Public Policy Research. 2015. p. 4.
- Ileka, Merja (23 June 2014). "Development at the heart of Oshikuku". Namibian Sun.
- Mbangula, William J (23 January 2007). "New Industrial Parks for the North". New Era. allafric.com.
- Dierks, Klaus. "Biographies of Namibian Personalities, I". www.klausdierks.com. Retrieved 8 August 2012.