Roberts in 2015
|Place of birth||Anglesey, Wales|
|Playing position||Central midfielder|
|Morocco (technical director)|
|1989–1990||New Mexico Chiles|
|1990||New Mexico Chiles|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Roberts was a central midfielder, and captained the Welsh Schools side. He played in North Wales for Bangor City, Bethesda Athletic and Llangefni Town, before moving to the United States at the age of 19 after receiving a scholarship to attend Furman University. At Furman, he was named Southern Conference player of the year in 1986 and 1988. He later played in the American Professional Soccer League for the New Mexico Chiles, where he was player-manager.
After returning to Wales, he became Anglesey's Football Development Officer in 1991.
Roberts resigned as manager of Porthmadog to take up his position as technical director of the Welsh national team. He has also coached the Wales under-16, Wales under-18 and Wales B teams, as well as helping coach the women's under-17 team. In 2014, he was the subject of documentary series called Byd Pêl-droed Osian Roberts; it was shown on S4C.
On 21 July 2015, Roberts was promoted to assistant manager of the Welsh national team. In November 2017, after Chris Coleman left the role, Roberts stated that he wished to become the new national team manager. Roberts was kept on as assistant manager following the appointment of Ryan Giggs.
- "Osian's a football power in Wales". Wales Online. 24 June 2007. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "Byd Pêl-droed Osian Roberts". S4C. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "Wales Assistant manager Osian Roberts awarded Honorary Fellowship". University of Wales Trinity Saint David. 12 July 2017.
- "Furman University media guide (2012)" (pdf). Furman University. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- "Osian Roberts - On TV". Football Association of Wales. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "Cardiff City coach Paul Trollope joins Wales set-up". BBC Sport. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Osian Roberts hopes to succeed Chris Coleman as Wales boss". BBC Sport. 25 November 2017. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- "Wales football: Ryan Giggs to keep Roberts on Wales staff". BBC Sport. 23 February 2018.
- "Osian Roberts: Wales assistant manager appointed Morocco's Technical Director". BBC Sport. 1 August 2019. Retrieved 27 August 2019.