Osijek-Baranja County within Croatia
|• Župan||Ivan Anušić (HDZ)|
|• Total||4,155 km2 (1,604 sq mi)|
|• Density||73/km2 (190/sq mi)|
|ISO 3166 code||HR-14|
very high · 10th
Osijek-Baranja County (pronounced [ôsijeːk bǎraɲa], Croatian: Osječko-baranjska županija, Hungarian: Eszék-Baranya megye, Serbian: Осјечко-барањска жупанија) is a county in Croatia, located in northeastern Slavonia and Baranja. Its center is Osijek; other cities include Đakovo, Našice, Valpovo, Belišće, Beli Manastir.
Osijek-Baranja County was established in 1993.
- City of Osijek (county seat)
- Town of Beli Manastir
- Town of Belišće
- Town of Donji Miholjac
- City of Đakovo
- City of Našice
- Town of Valpovo
The county assembly is composed of 55 representatives, organized as follows:
- Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ) 25
- Independent 10
- Social Democratic Party of Croatia (SDP) 6
- Bridge of Independent Lists (Most) 4
- Human Shield (Živi zid) 3
- Croatian People's Party (HNS) 3
- Croatian Peasants Party (HSS) 2
- Croatian Social Liberal Party (HSLS) 1
- Croatian Democratic Assembly of Slavonia and Baranja (HDSSB) 1
Several minorities in Osijek-Baranja County have their Minority Councils. Here is the list of minorities' Councils with links to their respective Statutes and name of Osijek-Baranja County in their language. On the territory of the County is also active Joint Council of Municipalities.
|Minority Council||Council Seat||Statute||Name of Council|
|Albanians||Valpovo||||Kshilli i pakicës kombtare shqiptare i Prefekturës së osijekut e baranjës|
|Magyars||Prosvjetno-kulturni centar Mađara u RH, Osijek||||Eszék-Baranya Megyei Magyar Kisebbségi Önkormányzat|
|Germans||Osijek||||Rat der deutschen Minderheit der Osijeker-baranjaer Gespanschaft|
|Slovaks||Jelisavac||||Rada slovenskej narodnostnej menšiny Osječko-baranjskej župy|
The nature park Kopački Rit is located within this county.
- Ostroški, Ljiljana, ed. (December 2015). Statistički ljetopis Republike Hrvatske 2015 [Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Croatia 2015] (PDF). Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Croatia (in Croatian and English). 47. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. p. 62. ISSN 1333-3305. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: County of Osijek-Baranja". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- "Sub-national HDI - Area Database - Global Data Lab". hdi.globaldatalab.org. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- Statute, since Feb 15, 2004
- Statute, since July 10, 2003
- Statute, since Oct 29, 2003
- Statutes, since May 26, 2004
- Statute, since Sep 17, 2003
- Statute, since Nov 26, 2003
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Osijek-Baranja County.|
- Official website (in Croatian) (in English)