From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language of the Osing people of East Java, Indonesia
|Region||East Java, Indonesia|
|300,000 (2000 census)|
|Javanese script and Latin|
Pegon script (historical)
The Osing language (Osing: Basa Using; Indonesian: Bahasa Osing), locally known as the language of Banyuwangi, is the language of the Osing people of East Java, Indonesia.
Some Osing words have the infix /-y-/ 'ngumbyah', 'kidyang', which are pronounced /ngumbah/ and /kidang/ in standard Javanese, respectively.
Divergent Osing vocabulary includes:
- osing/sing 'not' (standard Javanese: ora)
- paran 'what' (standard Javanese: åpå)
- kadhung 'if" (standard Javanese:yèn,lèk,nèk)
- kelendhi 'how' (standard Javanese:kepiyè,piyè)
- maning 'again' (standard Javanese:manèh,the Banyumasan dialect of Javanese also uses 'maning')
- isun 'I/me' (standard Javanese:aku)
- rikå 'you' (standard Javanese:kowè,the Banyumasan dialect also uses "rikå")
- ring/nong 'in/at/on' (standard Javanese:ning,nang,the Balinese language and Old Javanese also uses "ring")
- masiyå/ambèknå 'even if'/'although' (standard Javanese:senadyan,senajan,najan, the Arekan dialect of Javanese also uses 'masiyå')
- ^ Osing at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015) (subscription required)
- ^ a b "Projects > Javanese Dialectology > Osing Dialect". Jakarta Field Station. Archived from the original on 14 May 2011. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- Wittke, Jonas (2019). Status Planning and Regional Identity: The Case of Osing in Banyuwangi, Indonesia (Ph.D. thesis). Rice University. hdl:1911/105415.
- Arps, Bernard (2010), "Terwujudnya bahasa Using di Banyuwangi dan peranan media elektronik di dalamnya (selayang pandang, 1970–2009)", in Mikihiro Moriyama; Manneke Budiman (eds.), Geliat Bahasa Selaras Zaman: Perubahan Bahasa-Bahasa di Indonesia Pasca-Orde Baru, pp. 225–248, hdl:1887/15213
- Arps, Bernard (2009). "Osing Kids and the banners of Blambangan Ethnolinguistic identity and the regional past as ambient themes in an East Javanese town". Wacana, Journal of the Humanities of Indonesia. 11 (1): 1. doi:10.17510/wjhi.v11i1.142.
- Inside Indonesia - Bahasa Osing, Warisan Iswara Blambangan on YouTube (in Indonesian) - CNN Indonesia documentary
- Bahasa Using (Osing) Banyuwangi on YouTube (in Indonesian) - Balai Pelestarian Nilai Budaya D.I. Yogyakarta documentary
This Austronesian languages-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
- Pages containing links to subscription-only content
- Language articles citing Ethnologue 18
- Articles with short description
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Use American English from April 2021
- All Wikipedia articles written in American English
- Use dmy dates from April 2021
- Articles containing Indonesian-language text
- Articles with Indonesian-language sources (id)
- All stub articles