Komuna e Osllomejit
|Country||Republic of North Macedonia|
|region||Southwestern Statistical Region|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|Split from||Kičevo Municipality in 1996|
|Merged into||Kičevo Municipality in 2013|
Oslomej (Macedonian: Осломеј (help·info), Albanian: Osllomej) is a former municipality in western Republic of North Macedonia, created in 1996 territorial organisation and dissolved following the 2013 Macedonian new territorial organisation, after it was merged with Kičevo Municipality.
- Oslomej is also the name of the village where the municipal seat was found.
- Oslomej Municipality was part of the Southwestern Statistical Region.
The municipality bordered
- Makedonski Brod Municipality to the east,
- Vraneštica Municipality to the south,
- Kičevo Municipality to the southwest,
- Zajas Municipality to the west, and
- Gostivar Municipality to the north.
According to the last national census from 2002, this municipality has 10,420 inhabitants.
- Ethnic groups in the municipality include:
- Albanians = 10,252 (98.4%)
- Macedonians = 110 (1.1%)
- others = 58 (0.6%)
The total number of students in the municipality in 2011, in comparison to the total number of students in 2007, declined for 36.8%. Oslomej is the first municipality in North Macedonia by the decline of the total number of students.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oslomej Municipality.|