Osman Khalid Butt
|Osman Khalid Butt|
Butt in Islamabad in his manager Reema Hafiz’s house in 2013
9 February 1986|
|Occupation||Actor, writer, choreographer.|
|Website||Official Facebook Page|
Osman Khalid Butt is a Pakistani actor, writer and choreographer. He is best known for his role in Aik Nayee Cinderella aired on Geo TV, and Aunn Zara aired on A-Plus Entertainment, both of which rank among the highest rated Pakistani serial. His other works include Goya that was aired on ARY Digital, and Diyar-e-Dil, the blockbuster serial that was aired on Hum TV in 2015. Butt was also widely praised for his role of Aunn in Aunn Zara (2013), which earned him a nomination for Best Drama Actor at Pakistan Media Awards. He has recently worked in a Haissam Hussain Movie Balu Mahi alongside Ainy Jaffri which was released in 2017.
Butt was born to a Kashmiri father and French mother. His father, Dr. Khalid Said Butt, is a famous actor, director and screenwriter in Pakistan, while his elder brother, Omar Khalid Butt, is a news anchor. Model Rubya Chaudhry is his cousin.
Butt made his debut in the 2007 film Zibahkhana which is Pakistan's first zombie horror film. In 2010 he started making videos on YouTube as "The living picture guy" then acted in the film Slackistan which was banned after the film was refused a pass by the censor board. He also worked in theater his first show was Kuch Khaas pachees. In 2012 he acted in the romantic drama series Aik Nayee Cinderella. The same year he starred as Aunn in Aunn Zara. He was also featured in a drama Munkir as Zain. In 2015, he played the role of Wali Suhaib Khan in Diyar-e-Dil. In 2016, he played the role of Harib in Sanam.
He is a writer, a poet and also a singer. He is also the co-founder, creative lead and poetry editor at Desi Writers Lounge, an online, 24/7, 365 days a year writers' workshop and community, that aims to showcase new voices in South Asian writing through their biannual publication, 'Papercuts'. He has written the screen play for film Janaan and Siyaah. He is also the script-writer of lux style awrds 2017. He is featured as Balu in his debut film Balu Mahi along with Ainy Jaffri Rehman.Template:Https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balu Mahi He was the Director Of Choreography for Hareem Farooqs Parchi (film) (2018) film from the song Billo Hai.
|2017||Balu Mahi||Bilal||10 Feb 2017|||
|2012||Aik Nayee Cinderella||Mayer||Geo TV|||
|2013||Aunn Zara||Aunn||A-Plus TV|||
|Galti se Mistake Hogayi||Wahid Murad||Hum TV|
|2014||Goya||Omar Hashim||ARY Digital|||
|2015||Diyar-e-Dil||Wali Suhaib Khan||Hum TV|||
- "Tweet of Osman Khalid". Twitter. Retrieved 2017-10-23.
- Irfan ul Haq (31 August 2017), "Osman Khalid Butt turns choreographer for film Parchi", Dawn News. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- "Hottie of the week: Omar Khalid Butt", The Express Tribune. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- Meet the Showbiz family of Osman Khalid Butt
- "Working with Maya Ali is both easy and challenging: Osman Khalid Butt". Express Tribune. May 24, 2016.
- "Aun Zara: The perfect family show for Ramazan!". Express Tribune. July 11, 2013.
- "Desi Writers Lounge".
- Sameen Hassan (May 14, 2015). "Reham Khan's first production titled 'Janaan' to release next year". The Express Tribune. Retrieved May 20, 2015.
- "Siyaah has inspired film-makers, says Osman Khalid Butt". Express Tribune. June 18, 2013.
- "Slackistan Film Review". Hollywood Reporter. November 8, 2010.
- "Slackistan banned in Pakistan". January 28, 2011.
- "Ainy Jaffri, Osman Khalid Butt to star in upcoming film 'Balu Mahi'". Express Tribune. January 13, 2016.
- "'Goya' – A fast-paced, well-plotted drama". Dawn News. January 22, 2015.