Osmania Medical College
|Motto||Sincerity Service Sacrifice|
|Established||1846 (as Hyderabad Medical School)|
|Affiliation||Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences|
|Principal||Dr. P. Sashikala Reddy, Professor, Department of Microbiology.|
|Students||250 students per academic year.|
Osmania Medical College formerly known as The Hyderabad Medical School is a medical college in Telangana, Hyderabad, India. It is one of the top Medical Schools in the sub continent, and was founded in 1846 by the 7th Nizam of Hyderabad and Berar - 'Mir Osman Ali Khan'. The college was originally affiliated to Osmania University system, It is now affiliated to the Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, and the Osmania General Hospital.OSMECON, an undergraduate medical conference is conducted in Osmania Medical College.
The college was established in 1846 and named the Hyderabad Medical School, during the reign of the 5th Nizam of Hyderabad - Afzal ad-Dawlah, Asaf Jah V. Dr. Edward Lawrie, then principal of Hyderabad Medical School performed a series of experiments at the Afzal Gunj Hospital (now Osmania General Hospital) on anesthesia. The world's first female anesthesiologist Dr. Rupa Bai Furdoonji graduated from here in 1889.
|University and college rankings|
|Medical - India|
|Outlook India (2017)||16|
- Dr. Rupa Bai Furdoonji, anesthesiologist
- Undurti Narasimha Das, immunologist, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar laureate
- Manjula Anagani, gynecologist
- Boora Narsaiah Goud, Member of Parliament
- Chelikani Venkata Rama Rao, communist leader and parliamentarian
- P. Shankar Rao, former MLA
- J. Geeta Reddy, MLA
- K. Srinath Reddy, president of the Public Health Foundation of India
- Mandadi Prabhakar Reddy, Telugu character actor
- Nagam Janardhan Reddy, former MLA, Nagar Kurnool.
- "List of Colleges Offering B.sc MLT Courses Under Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal, Telangana State For the Academic Year 2016-17" (PDF). Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad". bestindiaedu. Retrieved 20 August 2018.
- "By destroying Osmania General Hospital, Telangana will lose a great legacy". www.dailyo.in. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- Ala, Narayana; K, Bharathi; PKJP, Subhaktha; Gundeti, Manohar; A, Ramachari (2010). "Dr. (Miss) Rupa Bai Furdoonji: World's first qualified lady anaesthetist". Indian Journal of Anaesthesia. 54 (3): 259–261. doi:10.4103/0019-5049.65371. ISSN 0019-5049. PMC 2933491. PMID 20885878.
- Ali, M.; Ramachari, A. (1996). "One hundred fifty years of Osmania Medical College (1846-1996)". Bulletin of the Indian Institute of History of Medicine (Hyderabad). 26 (1–2): 119–141. ISSN 0304-9558. PMID 11619394.
- "Top 25 Medical Colleges In 2017". Outlook India. 5 June 2017. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "Dr.Manjula Anagani Consultant Gynecologist\Laparoscopic Surgeon, Infertility Specialist in Hyderabad". drmanjula.in. Retrieved 13 March 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Osmania Medical College.|