|UTC time||1976-10-25 08:39|
|Local date||25 October 1976|
|Local time||11:39 MSK|
|Depth||10–13 kilometres (6–8 mi)(GFZ)|
33 kilometres (21 mi)(USGS)
|Max. intensity||V (Moderate)|
The Osmussaar earthquake occurred on 25 October 1976 near the north tip of Osmussaar, an island close to the coast of Estonia. Its hypocenter was 10–13 kilometres (6–8 mi) below ground level, and it was measured at 4.5–4.7 mb. The earthquake was largely felt in surrounding areas like north Estonia, south Finland and Sweden. Aftershocks also took place in November.
- Nikonov, A. A.; Sildvee, H. "Historical Earthquakes in Estonia and Their Seismotectonic Position" (PDF). Geophysica. 27 (1–2): 79–93.
- ANSS. "Estonia 1976". Comprehensive Catalog. U.S. Geological Survey.
- GFZ - Potsdam. "SHARE European Earthquake Catalogue (SHEEC) 1900-2006". Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- Estonian Academy of Science (December 2005). Proceedings of the Estonian Academy of Sciences, Geology. Estonian Academy Publishers.
- Christian Koeberl; Francisca C. Martínez-Ruiz (7 April 2003). Impact Markers in the Stratigraphic Record. Springer Science & Business Media. pp. 345–. ISBN 978-3-540-00630-5.