|Associated acts||Coil, Cyclobe, Shirley Collins, Current 93|
He joined Coil in 1999 and remained with them until the band’s cessation following the death of singer John Balance in 2004. He worked on several albums and performed live with the group at The Royal Festival Hall, The Barbican in London, and numerous venues throughout Europe.
Brown formed Cyclobe in 1996 with his partner Stephen Thrower (also a one-time member of Coil). They released their first album "Luminous Darkness" in 1999, named after a series of paintings by their friend, the filmmaker Derek Jarman. Cyclobe went on to release a number of albums, most notably "Wounded Galaxies Tap at The Window" (2010). The group seldom perform live: their first and only concert in the United Kingdom was held at the Queen Elizabeth Hall, London in 2012, at the invitation of singer and artist Anohni, who performed with them for this occasion. They went on to play the CTM Festival in Berlin, Poland’s Unsound Festival, and the Punkt Festival in Norway, the latter curated by Brian Eno.
In 2016 he played hurdy-gurdy for the English folk singer Shirley Collins on her album Lodestar, released by Domino Records. The album, Collins’ first since For As Many As Will (1978), was recorded and pre-produced by Brown and Stephen Thrower in the singer’s cottage in Lewes, East Sussex. Among his contributions, Brown composed an original piece for the album, “The Split Ash Tree”. In 2017 he performed a series of UK concerts with Shirley Collins as a member of her group.
- Queens Of The Circulating Library (2000)
- Coil Presents Time Machines (2000)
- Constant Shallowness Leads To Evil (2000)
- The Remote Viewer (2002)
- ANS (2003)
- Live One (2003)
- Live Three (2003)
- Live Four (2003)
- The Restitution Of Decayed Intelligence (2003)
- Megalithomania! (2003)
- The Key To Joy Is Disobedience (2004)
- ANS (2004)
- The Ape Of Naples (2005)
- Colour Sound Oblivion (2010)
- Luminous Darkness (1999)
- The Visitors (2001)
- Pathfinder/Remember Archangels Protect Us... (2003)
- Each and Every Word Must Die (2004)
- Angry Eelectric Finger 2: Paraparaparallelogrammatica (2004) (Collaboration with Nurse With Wound)
- The Eclipser/The Moths of Pre-Sleep (2010)
- Wounded Galaxies Tap at the Window (2010)
- Augural Sun (2010)
- Ayin Acla (2011)
- Sulphur-Tarot-Garden (2014)
with Current 93
with Bill Fay
- Who Is the Sender? (2015)
with Shirley Collins
- Lodestar (2016)
- "Ossian Brown & Stephen Thrower happenings". Brainwashed. Brainwashed Inc. 5 April 2009. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Transmediale Metaphysik im Moment ihres Sturzes". Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- "http://thequietus.com/articles/16561-unsound-festival-review". External link in
- Yumi Goto (26 October 2011). "Haunted Air: Spooky, Vintage American Halloween Photos". Time Entertainment. Time Inc. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Shapes in the Dark: Ossian Brown is captivated by found images of Hallowe'ens past". Untitled Books. Issue 45: Untitled Books. 28 October 2010. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Bill Fay: Who Is the Sender". Muzikzimmer. Muzikzimmer. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "http://www.pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/22587-lodestar/". External link in
- "http://thequietus.com/articles/21267-shirley-collins-lodestar-album-lead-review". External link in
- "https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/oct/27/shirley-collins-lodestar-album-review-austere-foreboding-folk-music". External link in
- "https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/feb/05/shirley-collins-city-halls-glasgow-review-celtic-connections?CMP=twt_a-music_b-gdnmusic". External link in