(Redirected from Ostium (anatomy))
|Look up Ostium in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An ostium (plural ostia) in anatomy is a small opening or orifice.
Ostium or Ostia may refer to:
- Ostium of fallopian tube
- Ostium of the uterus (disambiguation)
- Ostium primum of the developing heart
- Ostium secundum (foramen ovale) of the developing heart
- Ostium maxillare of the maxillary sinus
- Ostium vaginae (vaginal orifice)
- Coronary ostium (Opening of coronary arteries at root of aorta, superior to aortic valve)
- Sinus ostium an opening that connects a sinus to the nasal cavity itself.
|This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.