Ostrich stew is a stew prepared using ostrich meat as a primary ingredient. It is a part of the cuisine of South Africa, and is served in many places and restaurants in Oudtshoorn, South Africa. The meat can be diced into cubes, and leg meat from the ostrich is sometimes used. Additional ingredients can include vegetables such as onion, celery and carrot, tomatoes, soup stock and wine.
- Van Wyk, M. (1997). A Taste of South Africa. Human & Rousseau. p. 54. ISBN 978-0-7981-3723-2. (subscription required)
- Monfort, R. (2006). A Year Without Underwear: Exploring the World on a Bicycle. iUniverse. p. 268. ISBN 978-0-595-40754-5.
- Cohen, D.E. (2015). One Year Off: Leaving It All Behind for a Round-the-World Journey with Our Children. Open Road Distribution. p. 180. ISBN 978-1-5040-1400-7.
- Paul, N. (2011). Scottish Farmer's Market Cookbook. Neil Wilson Publishing. p. 46. ISBN 978-1-906000-03-5.
- globalnewsdigital (January 31, 2015). "Recipe: Ostrich Stew". Global News. Retrieved September 9, 2016.