Oswego Township, Kendall County, Illinois
Location in Kendall County
Kendall County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||40.58 sq mi (105.1 km2)|
|• Land||39.94 sq mi (103.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.64 sq mi (1.7 km2) 1.58%|
|Elevation||663 ft (202 m)|
|• Density||1,273.5/sq mi (491.7/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429511|
Oswego Township occupies the 6-mile-square-plus additional land to the south of the Fox River in northeast corner of Kendall County, Illinois. As of the 2010 census, its population was 50,870 and it contained 17,914 housing units.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 40.58 square miles (105.1 km2), of which 39.94 square miles (103.4 km2) (or 98.42%) is land and 0.64 square miles (1.7 km2) (or 1.58%) is water.
Cities and towns
The township is governed by an elected Town Board of a Supervisor and four Trustees. The Township also has an elected Assessor, Clerk, Highway Commissioner and Supervisor. The Township Office is located at 84 Templeton Drive, Suite 104 Oswego, IL 60543
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Oswego Township, Kendall County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- Illinois Regional Archives Depository System. "Name Index to Illinois Local Governments". Illinois State Archives. Illinois Secretary of State.
|This Kendall County, Illinois location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|