Osyris is a genus of plants in the family Santalaceae, one of the many genera known as sandalwoods, but not one of the true sandalwood. The species of this genus are mostly hemiparasitic, meaning although they can survive and grow by themselves, they also opportunistically tap into the root systems of nearby plants and parasitize them.
- Osyris alba – common name osyris
- Osyris daruma
- Osyris compressa – Cape sumach or pruimbos
- Osyris lanceolata – African sandalwood
- Osyris quadripartita – wild tea plant
- Osyris tenuifolia - east African sandalwood
- O'Neill, A.R.; Rana, S.K. (2019). "An ethnobotanical analysis of parasitic plants (Parijibi) in the Nepal Himalaya". Journal of Ethnobiology and Ethnomedicine. 12 (14). doi:10.1186/s13002-016-0086-y. PMC 4765049.