The population was 1,758 in the 2013 Census, a decrease of 498 from 2006.
Te Kura o Otangarei is a coeducational full primary (years 1-8) school with a decile rating of 1 and 91 students as of February 2017. The school offers a choice between full immersion Maori language classes, bilingual classes or mainstream education.
City RFC are based in Otangarei, Whangarei and play in the Northland Rugby Union South Zone competitions. The club colours are blue & white hoops.
City Knights (formerly Kensington Knights) are based in Otangarei, Whangarei and play in the Whangarei City & Districts rugby league competitions.
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005). The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand. Robbie Burton. pp. map 24. ISBN 1-877333-20-4.
- 2013 Census QuickStats about a place:Otangarei
- Te Kete Ipurangi schools database: Te Kura o Otangarei
- "Directory of Schools - as at 6 March 2017". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "Te Kura o Otangarei - 05/10/2015". Education Review Office. October 2015.
|This Northland Region-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|