Otego Township, Fayette County, Illinois
Location in Fayette County
Fayette County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 9, 1859|
|• Total||35.42 sq mi (91.7 km2)|
|• Land||35.34 sq mi (91.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.23%|
|Elevation||561 ft (171 m)|
|• Density||42.8/sq mi (16.5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62418, 62471, 62838, 62857, 62880|
|GNIS feature ID||0429512|
Otego Township is one of twenty townships in Fayette County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,511 and it contained 666 housing units. Its name changed from Cumberland township on September 24, 1860. Overcup Church is located in this township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.42 square miles (91.7 km2), of which 35.34 square miles (91.5 km2) (or 99.77%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.23%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Brownstown (south three-quarters)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these six cemeteries: Arm Prairie, Griffith, Mitchell Family, Morton, Pilcher and Winslow Pilcher.
- Brownstown Community Unit School District 201
- Vandalia Community Unit School District 203
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 102
- State Senate District 51
- "Otego Township, Fayette County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Sefton Township||Avena Township|
|Vandalia Township||Wheatland Township|
|Kaskaskia Township||Wilberton Township||Lone Grove Township|