This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Otis in April 2017
|Birth name||Nikola Bogojević|
|Born||December 21, 1991|
Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Billed weight||330 lb (150 kg)|
|Billed from||Superior, Wisconsin|
|Trained by||Matt Yaden|
WWE Performance Center
Nikola Bogojevic (Serbian: Никола Богојевић; born December 21, 1991) is an American professional wrestler currently signed to WWE where he performs on SmackDown brand under the ring name Otis (a shortened version of his previous name Otis Dozovic).
|Representing United States|
|2014 Pan-American Championships|
Bogojevic was born in Duluth, Minnesota, on December 21, 1991, to parents of Serbian descent. He attended Superior High School, where he was a successful amateur wrestler. He was a champion at the 2009 Greco-Roman junior Nationals. He placed third at the 2009 Junior Freestyle championships. Originally committed to the University of Wisconsin, he wrestled at collegiate level for Augsburg College and Colorado State University-Pueblo. He won the national title in Greco-Roman wrestling at the Junior Pan-American Games in 2011 and a Greco-Roman bronze at the 2014 Pan-American Games. He was at one point considered a prospect for the U.S. Greco-Roman wrestling team at the 2012 Summer Olympics and spent some time training at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado.
Professional wrestling career
Early career (2015–2016)
Bogojevic trained to become a professional wrestler at the Mercury Pro Wrestling Academy in Arvada, Colorado. He wrestled under the ring name Dozer for several regional promotions in Colorado, including Ultra Championship Wrestling-Zero and New Revolution Wrestling, where he won the NRW Charged Championship.
On April 12, 2016, Bogojevic was announced as one of 10 new recruits to begin training at the WWE Performance Center. He made his debut for WWE at a NXT live event on July 8, 2016, teaming with Adrian Jaoude in a defeat to The Authors of Pain. Later that month he formed a tag team with Tucker Knight at NXT live events. Using the name Heavy Machinery, the duo made their television debut on the October 19 episode of NXT, losing to the team of Austin Aries and Roderick Strong as part of the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, with Bogojevic now renamed Otis Dozovic. The duo returned and had their first televised victory on the March 29, 2017 episode of NXT, defeating the team of Mike Marshall and Jonathan Ortagun. On the July 12 episode of NXT, Heavy Machinery unsuccessfully challenged The Authors of Pain for the NXT Tag Team Championship.
Main roster (2018–present)
On the December 17, 2018 episode of Raw, Heavy Machinery were advertised as two of six NXT wrestlers to be moved to the main roster. With the shortened names of Otis and Tucker, they debuted on the January 14 episode of Raw interrupting an interview between Alexa Bliss and Paul Heyman. On the April 16th episode of SmackDown, the team was moved to the SmackDown brand during the 2019 WWE Superstar Shake-Up.
Championships and accomplishments
- New Revolution Wrestling
- NRW Charged Championship (1 time)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- "Otis Dozovic". WWE.
- Clark, Ryan (16 April 2016). "WWE Signs Nikola 'Dozer' Bogojevic - Details - ProWrestling.com".
- "Otis Dozovic". Cagematch. Retrieved December 27, 2016.
- "WWE NXT results: Roderick Strong makes his debut". 19 October 2016.
- "Cubans roll at Pan Am Championships, but U.S. wins Greco title - The Open Mat". news.theopenmat.com.
- "Nikola Bogojevic". teamusa.org. Retrieved 2016-09-03.
- "Class of four signs with UW wrestling". University of Wisconsin.
- "'Niko' among new recruits at WWE Performance Center".
- "Former Superior wrestler aims for London Olympic Games".
- "NRW Champions". nrwprowrestling.com. Retrieved 2016-09-04.
- "Which independent stars just signed with WWE?".
- "Team Aries vs. Otis Dozovic & Tucker Knight (Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic First Round Match)".
- "3/29 Moore's NXT TV Review: Kassius Ohno vs. Elias Samson in a Loser Leaves NXT Match, Johnny Gargano vs. Dash Wilder vs. Akam, Heavy Machinery in action, Ember Moon and Asuka contract signing for NXT Takeover: Orlando - Pro Wrestling Dot Net". 29 March 2017.
- "WWE ANNOUNCES SIX NXT STARS COMING TO MAIN ROSTER | PWInsider.com". www.pwinsider.com. Retrieved 2018-12-18.
- Cole, Caitlin (19 December 2018). "Complete WWE 2K19". Rumble Ramble. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2018". cagematch.net. Retrieved September 19, 2018.
- PWI Awards