This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Otomedius Excellent (オトメディウスX（エクセレント！） Otomediusu X (Ekuserento!)) is a scrolling shooter video game, developed and published by Konami for the Xbox 360 video game console. It is the sequel to the 2008 game Otomedius G (Gorgeous!), a spin-off of the Gradius series. It was released on April 21, 2011, in Japan and in North America on November 1, 2011.
Otomedius Excellent features female characters representing different Konami franchises.
Otomedius Excellent offers a single-player campaign and a multi-player mode provided via the Xbox Live service. If stages are to hard, the player can recruit up to three helpers in the Multiplay offline mode. In Score Attack new weapon cards can be unlocked after finishing the main game. Through Xbox Live online multiplayer is possible and new content can be unlocked. There are also several new characters, several extra stages and several character BGM packs that are available through downloadable content.
In the year 2011 AD, after the civilization war between the Angel Squadrons and the Gofer Sisters before their memories taken, and the music box has been forbidden (Otomedius Gorgeous). Meanwhile, the Inter-Dimensional Organization G now continues the new Bacterian Army with new member squadrons to defeat the unknown Bacterian Force and the Dark Force was taken to earth and revolved their destruction but the Squadrons were going back in time to finished their most powerful forces among the real world of planet Gradius.
The soundtrack album contains the game's musical tracks from a variety of popular game composers including GEM Impact (Norihiko Hibino and Takahiro Izutani), Motoi Sakuraba, Michiru Yamane, and Shinji Hosoe. The soundtrack also features a large amount of arrangements from previous Konami games. It was released on March 29, 2012 in Japan by Konami, with cover art by Mine Yoshizaki.
- "Konami Announces Otomedius Excellent Now Available" (Press release). Konami. 2011-11-01. Archived from the original on 2012-10-06. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- Konami (June 16, 2010). "KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES OTOMEDIUS EXCELLENT (Official Press Release)". Gamasutra. UBM TechWeb. Retrieved August 16, 2011.
The highly-anticipated sequel to the Japan-exclusive[...]As the sequel to the 2008 Japanese hit Otomedius Gorgeous, Otomedius Excellent boasts...
- Konami. "Game Outline". Otomedius Excellent Official Japanese Website (in Japanese). Konami. Retrieved August 16, 2011.
オトメディウスG（ゴージャス！）の続編が. Translation: The sequel to Otomedius G (Gorgeous!)
- "Otomedius Excellent Special Edition for Xbox 360". GameStop. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- JC Fletcher (2011-04-22). "Otomedius Excellent still on the way in 2011". Joystiq. Retrieved 2012-09-25.