|Studio album by Julieta Venegas|
|Released||March 16, 2010 (worldwide)|
Julieta Venegas' House
(Mexico City, Mexico)
(Buenos Aires, Argentina)
|Genre||Latin pop, folk rock, ranchera, pop rock|
|Producer||Julieta Venegas and Cachorro López|
|Julieta Venegas chronology|
|Singles from Otra Cosa|
|Los Angeles Times|||
Otra Cosa ("Another Thing") is the title of the fifth studio album by Mexican singer-songwriter Julieta Venegas, released worldwide on March 16, 2010. iTunes sold two versions of this album, the standard version and an iTunes LP, becoming the first iTunes LP released by a Latin artist. The deluxe iTunes release includes the music video for the single "Bien o Mal", as well as a remix by the Mexican Institute of Sound. The album was also released exclusively in Mexico in format of vinyl.
This album features collaborations with Alejandro Sergi (vocals from Miranda!) and Adrián Dárgelos (vocals from Babasónicos). The first single chosen to promote the album was the song "Bien o mal", which topped the popularity in the Mexican radio and in Latin America.
In Mexico, selling 30,000 copies. To date, the album has sold more than 1,500,000 copies worldwide. Won the Latin Grammy Award for Best Short Form Music Video. Otra Cosa received a Grammy Award nomination for Best Latin Pop Album.
On this album Julieta Venegas served not only as a singer/songwriter but also as a producer. She directed each of the processes and the song selection, choice and management arrangements. For 'Otra Cosa', Venegas used the sounds of acoustic and electric guitars, synthesizers, many percussion instruments, cavaquinhos, woodwinds, pianos and accordions ever. As for the composition and subsequent recording of the album, it said on her official blog: "Both the composition and the arrangements began to assemble at home, composing on the piano, and then up the music room I have, where I started recording with the idea of trying things, many of those things ended up being on disk , which I love, because it was something very homely, not thinking about the pressure of study, but in the quiet of my house. Not that I have a big studio, I have to clarify basic only pro tools, and many instruments this time came many cavaquinhos, percussion, synthesizers, accordion with many effects, drum machines, in short, the development of ideas was something I did in solitude, and sometimes forgetting that it was preparing a disc. I came to write about 40 songs, among which I did in my house, and later in Buenos Aires, where I got together to compose Ale Sergi (Miranda!), Adrian Dargelos (Babasónicos ).... I wanted to write with other people, after be at home one time, it was refreshing to see what could come to sit with friends, both Ale and Adrian are very friendly and have been wanting to do things together, and now it happened."
To promote the album, Julieta Venegas begins with her "Otra Cosa Tour" in several cities in Mexico and the United States like the presentation at the Vive Latino of México City. To the same time she going to several countries in Latin America and Europe to media presentation.
After her pregnancy begins the second part of her world tour "Otra Cosa Tour" on November 20, 2010 in Madrid, Spain to continue the tour "Otra Cosa U.S. Tour" for several U.S. cities.
Returning to the concept of "Otra Cosa Tour" continues her tour of Latin America, Brazil and Europe. To return to the United States and Mexico.
The first single from this album was "Bien o Mal" released on January 18, 2010 by digital downloads are the days of being released is positioned at the top of the top of Latino America. In Mexico #5 and in Spain #45, 8 on the US Latin Pop Airplay, US Hot Latin Tracks #21 and US Tropical Songs #40. "Despedida" was released on May 11, 2010 in Mexico, Latin America and Europe, and ranked No. 35 on the Billboard Latin Pop Airplay. On March 9, 2011 released the third single, "Ya Conocerán" announced by Sony Music Chile.
|1.||"Amores Platónicos (Platonic Love)"||Julieta Venegas||Julieta Venegas, Cachorro López||2:34|
|2.||"Bien o Mal (Good or Wrong)"||Venegas, Alejandro Sergi||Venegas, López||2:57|
|3.||"Despedida (Farewell)"||Venegas||Venegas, López||3:23|
|4.||"Debajo de Mi Lengua (Underneath My Tongue)"||Venegas, Adrián Dárgelos||Venegas, López||2:38|
|5.||"Revolución (Revolution)"||Venegas||Venegas, López||3:23|
|6.||"Otra Cosa (Another Thing)"||Venegas||Venegas, López||2:39|
|7.||"Original (Original)"||Venegas||Venegas, López||3:50|
|8.||"Ya Conocerán (They Will Know)"||Venegas||Venegas, López||3:13|
|9.||"Duda (Doubt)"||Venegas||Venegas, López||3:34|
|10.||"Si Tú No Estás (If You Aren't There)"||Venegas||Venegas, López||3:02|
|11.||"Un Lugar (A Place)"||Venegas||Venegas, López||3:04|
|12.||"Eterno (Eternal)"||Venegas||Venegas, López||3:45|
|iTunes Bonus Tracks|
|13.||"Bien o Mal" (Mexican Institute of Sound Remix)||Venegas, Sergi, Cachorro López||Venegas, López, Mexican Institute of Sound||3:12|
|14.||"Bien o Mal" (Video)||2:55|
Otra Cosa Más - EP (Walmart Exclusive)(only US)
- "Bien o mal"
- "Debajo de Mi Lengua"
- "Me Voy"
- "Andar Conmigo"
- "Limón y Sal"
- Julieta Venegas - Vocals, vocals (background), accordion, piano, glockenspiel, keyboards, guitar (acoustic), guita (electric), cavaquinho, banjo, xylophone, ukulele, rhodes, melodion, percussions, claps programming, composer
- Cachorro López - Bass, programming, claps, composer
- Dany Avila - Drums, percussions
- Alejandro "Ale" Sergi - Vocals (background), composer
- Adrían Dargelos - Composer
- Demian Nava - Programming, percussions
- Sebastian Schon - Flute, tenor saxophone, claps, vocals (background), programming
- Mono Huarto - Contrabass
- Santiago Castellani - Tuba
- Leo Heras - Clarinet
- Juan Carlos de Urquiza - Trumpet
- Ana Schon, Ana Piñero, Lola Piñero, Valentino Ohanian - Vocals (background)
- Daniel Melingo - Bouzuki
- Juan Blas Caballero - Programming, percussions
- Sandra Baylac - Claps, vocals (background)
- Patricio Villarejo -Cello
- Florencia Ciarlo - Vocals (background)
- Producers: Julieta Venegas, Cachorro López
- Engineers: Sebastián Schon, Julieta Venegas, Demian Nava
- Mixing: Cesar Sogbe
- Mastering: José Blanco
- A&R: Charlie García, Betto Rojas
- A&R drawings: Nicolás Prior
- A&R pictogrph: Ale Paul
- A&R direction: Guillermo Gutiérrez-Leyva
- Photography: Nora Lezano
- Design assistant: Silvia Canosa
- Design: Alejandro Ros
Chats and certifications
|2010||Otra Cosa||Best Latin Pop Album||Nominated|
Latin Grammy Awards
|2010||Bien o Mal||Best Short Form Music||Won|
- "Allmusic review".
- "Los Angeles Times review".
- "Julieta Venegas Otra Cosa (Deluxe Version)". iTunes (México). 2010-03-16. Retrieved 2010-03-16.
- "Dicografía Julieta Venegas". discogs.com. 2010. Retrieved 2010. Check date values in:
- "Certificaciones – Julieta Venegas" (in Spanish). Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas.