Ottaviano de' Medici (born 1957)
(Redirected from Ottaviano de' Medici (b. 1957))
Prince Ottaviano de' Medici di Toscana di Ottajano (b. 1957) is an Italian noble and member of the Ottajano branch of the House of Medici. He is the president of the Associazione Internationale Medicae (International Medici Association) and one of the founders of Save Florence, an initiative to conserve the cultural heritage of the city of Florence.
Ottaviano's branch of the House of Medici is descended from Ottaviano de' Medici (Gonfaloniere di Giustizia) and his wife Francesca Salviati, parents of Pope Leo XI.
Marriage and issue
- Cosimo Maria de' Medici - born in 1991
- Guglielmo de' Medici - born in 1992
- Ottaviano de' Medici di Toscana di Ottajano, Storia della mia dinastia, Polistampa 2001.
- Princes of Ottajano
- Ottaviano de' Medici
- Genealogical tables of the House of Medici
- History of Florence
- ^ Tourtellot, Jonathan (April 15, 2015). "Medici Prince Appeals for Help: "Save Florence!"". voices.nationalgeographic.com. National Geographic. Archived from the original on January 6, 2016. Retrieved November 11, 2016.
- ^ "Save Florence". saveflorence.it. Ordine Civico Mediceo. 2016. Retrieved November 11, 2016.
- ^ Feuer, Allan (May 4, 2004). "Florence Journal; Where the Bodies Are Buried, Modern-Day Medici Feud". nytimes.com. The New York Times. Retrieved November 11, 2016.
- ^ Kington, Tom (May 24, 2014). "Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Florence wedding angers Medici descendant". telegraph.co.uk. Telegraph Media Group Limited. Retrieved November 11, 2016.
- ^ George L. Williams (1 January 2004). Papal Genealogy: The Families and Descendants of the Popes. McFarland. p. 75. ISBN 978-0-7864-2071-1.