Ottawa Catholic School Board
|Ottawa Catholic School Board|
|570 West Hunt Club Road, Ottawa, ON K2G 3R4
|Motto||Inspired education. Inspiring students|
|Schools||82: 65 elementary, 2 senior elementary, 15 secondary|
|Budget||CA$414.5 million million (2013-2014)|
|Chair of the Board||Ted J. Hurley|
|Director of Education||Julian Hanlon|
|Elected trustees||Kathy Ablett
Ted J. Hurley
Thérèse Maloney Cousineau
Mark D. Mullan
The Ottawa Catholic School Board (OCSB, known as English-language Separate District School Board No. 53 prior to 1999) is a publicly funded separate school board in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Its headquarters are in the Nepean area of Ottawa.
It employs approximately 4000 people and operates 82 schools in the greater Ottawa area, with a total student population of approximately 38,800. Before 2007, the board was known as Ottawa-Carleton Catholic School Board (OCCSB) and its two former boards prior to 1998, Carleton Roman Catholic Separate School Board (CRCSSB) and Ottawa Roman Catholic Separate School Board (ORCSSB).
Merging of the former Ottawa and former Carleton Roman Catholic School Boards resulted in the establishment of the Ottawa-Carleton Catholic School Board on January 1, 1998. The board changed its name to the Ottawa Catholic School Board on March 27, 2007 to emphasize the commitment to Catholicity and to reflect the amalgamation of the City of Ottawa.
- List of schools of the Ottawa Catholic School Board
- Ottawa-Carleton District School Board
- List of school districts in Ontario
- List of high schools in Ontario
- "Ontario Regulation 107/08". e-Laws. Government of Ontario. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Contact Us." Ottawa Catholic School Board. Retrieved on December 15, 2014. "The Ottawa Catholic School Board administrative office, the Catholic Education Centre, is located in Nepean, Ontario." and "570 West Hunt Club Road, Nepean, Ontario, Canada K2G 3R4"
|This Ontario school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to Ottawa and to Canada's National Capital Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Catholic Church–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|