Ottawa RCAF Flyers
|Olympic medal record|
|Men's ice hockey|
|1948 St. Moritz||Team competition|
The RCAF Flyers was a senior amateur Canadian ice hockey team, based out of Ottawa. The team was made up of active and former Royal Canadian Air Force members and some army personnel. The club won the gold medal in the 1948 Winter Olympics. The club also won the Allan Cup Canadian championship in 1942.
The team was inducted into the Canadian Armed Forces Sports Hall of Fame in 1971. In 2001 the Gold Medal winning team was honoured by the Canadian Forces when it was announced that the 1948 RCAF Flyers were selected as Canada’s greatest military athletes of the 20th century.
1948 Olympic Gold medalists
The IOC lists that all players, including reserves, were given an Olympic Gold Medal.
- Hubert Brooks, Portage la Prairie, Manitoba  (reserve)
- Murray Dowey, Toronto (goaltender)
- Frank Dunster, Montreal (defenceman)
- Roy Forbes, Vancouver (defenceman) (reserve)
- Andy Gilpin, Montreal (forward) (reserve)
- Jean Gravelle, Aylmer, Quebec
- Patsy Guzzo, Ottawa
- Wally Halder, Toronto
- Ted Hibberd, Ottawa
- Ross King, Portage la Prairie (goaltender) (reserve)
- Henri-André Laperrière, Ottawa (defenceman)
- John Lecompte, Ottawa, (defenceman)
- Pete Leichnitz (reserve), Brechin, Ontario
- George Mara, Toronto
- Albert Renaud, Ottawa
- Reginald Schroeter, Ottawa
- Irving Taylor,Ottawa
- Canada men's national ice hockey team
- Ice hockey at the 1948 Winter Olympics
- Ice hockey in Ottawa
- List of Canadian national ice hockey team rosters
- Ottawa City Hockey League
- Quebec Senior Hockey League
- "Athletes Of The Century Chosen By The Military". Legion Magazine. 2001-01-01. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- "The Hougen Group of Companies - A Yukon Tradition". Hougengroup.com. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- "Frank Boucher's Minor League Photograph Collection". Classicauctions.net. 2005-05-31. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "History-1948 Winter". Tsn.ca. 1948-02-09. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- List of 1948 Canadian Olympic Medal Winners
- McLauchlin, Les. "Good God, Olympic Gold!", The Airforce, Spring, 1998. Retrieved April 21, 2008
- Iorfida, Chris. "Canada's quiet hockey heroes", CBC.ca, February 7, 2008.
- The Life and Times of Hubert Brooks M.C. C.D. A Canadian Hero "R.C.A.F. Flyers at 1948 Olympics"
- Royal Canadian Air Force: RCAF Flyers Wrote Olympic History Retrieved February 8, 2015
Port Arthur Bearcats
| Canada men's Olympic ice hockey team