Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame
The Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame is a hall of fame dedicated to recognizing notable athletes and sports people who were born in or around Ottawa, Canada or had a sports career in Ottawa. The Hall of Fame is located in the Heritage Building of the Ottawa City Hall in downtown Ottawa.
The Hall of Fame was opened in 1968 in the new Ottawa Civic Centre where it resided until 2006, when it moved to the new Corel Centre arena. In 2011, it was relocated to its new location in Ottawa City Hall.
- Kristina Groves - Olympic medallist
- Wayne Giardino - Canadian footballer
- Todd Nicholson - Canadian sledge hockey player
- Tom Casey - Ottawa writer (media)
- Ed Laverty - Touch football organizer (builder)
Source: Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame
- "Overview: Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame". Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame.
- "Five New Members Entering Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame" (PDF). April 3, 2014.