Otter Lake (Michigan)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The largest Otter Lake is in southeast Portage Township of Houghton County at . The lake is fed by the Otter River and it drains into the Sturgeon River.
View of public area
|Location||Lapeer / Genesee counties, Michigan, United States|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Surface area||0.21 km² (56 acres)|
|Max. depth||45.7 m (150 ft)|
|Settlements||Village of Otter Lake|
- The next largest Otter Lake is at Marathon Township in Lapeer County and Forest Township in Genesee County. The southern two thirds of the lake is within the Village of Otter Lake, which also straddles the boundary between the two counties. The lake and village are less than one mile (1.6 km) from the southern boundary of Tuscola County. The lake is 0.21 km² (56 acres or 0.8 mi²) with a maximum depth of approximately 45.7 m (150 ft). There is a public boat launch, dock, swim beach, and campground, as well as private homes on the shoreline. In the center of the lake are two prominent sandbars that reduce the water depth to much less than a meter in several locations. It is connected to Powderhorn lake on its northern end. on the boundary between
Other Otter Lakes in Michigan:
- In Au Train Township, Alger County at within Hiawatha National Forest
- In Benzie County at on the boundary between Lake Township and Platte Township within the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
- In Marcellus Township, Cass County at
- In Grant Township, Clare County at about 1.5 miles (2.4 km) north-northeast of Farwell.
- In Argentine Township, Genesee County at
- In Crystal Falls Township, Iron County at within Copper Country State Forest, although not on state-owned land
- In Keweenaw County at on the north side of Isle Royale
- In McMillan Township, Luce County at within Lake Superior State Forest, part of a chain of lakes the drain into the Two Hearted River
- In southeast Waterford Township, Oakland County at , opening into Sylvan Lake on the east and connecting with Cass Lake on the southeast via a segment of the Clinton River
- In Seney Township, Schoolcraft County at , near the boundary with Alger County
|This article includes a list of lakes that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended lake article.