|Joint venture subsidiary|
|Headquarters||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|Tony Goncalves (CEO)|
Online Television Programming
|$500 million (2014)|
|Total equity||$1 billion (2017)|
Chernin Group (50%)
Gunpowder & Sky
In January 2016, Otter Media, together with Van Toffler (former CEO of Viacom Media Networks Music Group) and Floris Bauer formed Gunpowder & Sky, a digital content company which eventually merged with FilmBuff.
In November 2016, Otter Media and actress Reese Witherspoon formed Hello Sunshine, a joint venture focused on telling female-driven stories on film, TV, and digital platforms. In July 2017, AT&T was reportedly looking to acquire full ownership of the company along with other joint ventures inherited in its acquisition of satellite TV provider DirecTV. The company if it were to be fully acquired by AT&T will cost a valuation of $1 billion. Since February 2018, its CEO is Tony Goncalves (who was an AT&T Digital executive).
In January 2018, Otter Media bought the remaining stake in Fullscreen and Crunchyroll owner Ellation.
On June 20, 2018, Recode reported that AT&T was close to buying out the remaining stake in Otter it does not already own from Chernin, uniting assets like Crunchyroll and Rooster Teeth with Adult Swim and Machinima.
- Spangler, Todd (22 April 2014). "AT&T, Chernin Group Invest $500 Million in Over-the-Top Video Venture". Variety.com. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- Roettgers, Janko (3 August 2015). "Chernin, AT&T Set Brand for New Online Video Venture: Ellation (Exclusive)". Variety.com. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- Busch, Anita (November 21, 2016). "Reese Witherspoon, Otter Media Pact For New Company Hello Sunshine". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on January 15, 2017. Retrieved January 15, 2017.
- Roettgers, Janko (4 November 2015). "Chernin's Otter Media Aims for More Than $200M Revenue This Year". Variety.com. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- Roettgers, Janko (2018-01-24). "AT&T-Chernin J.V. Otter Media Buys Out Remaining Fullscreen, Crunchyroll Owners". Variety. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- Spangler, Todd (January 13, 2016). "Van Toffler Launches Digital Studio Backed by Chernin Group, AT&T". Variety. Archived from the original on December 4, 2016. Retrieved January 15, 2017.
- "Here's the chart that explains why CBS and Viacom want to merge". www.recode.net. Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- "AT&T is getting ready to acquire all of Otter Media, the streaming video company it co-owns with Peter Chernin". Recode. Retrieved 2018-06-27.