Otto; or Up with Dead People
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Otto; or, Up with Dead People|
|Directed by||Bruce LaBruce|
|Produced by||Bruce LaBruce|
|Written by||Bruce LaBruce|
Nicholas Fox Ricciardi
|Edited by||Jörn Hartmann|
Otto; or, Up with Dead People is a 2008 Canadian and German queer cinema horror film. The film was directed by Bruce LaBruce and stars Jey Crisfar, Marcel Schlutt, Nicholas Fox Ricciardi and Gio Black Peter.
The film is about a zombie named Otto who has hitched a ride to Berlin and begins to explore the city. Otto is discovered by underground filmmaker Medea Yarn, who begins to make a documentary about him with the support of her girlfriend, Hella Bent, and her brother Adolf. Medea is trying to finish Up with Dead People, the epic political-porno-zombie movie that she has been working on and convinces its star, Fritz Fritze, to allow the vulnerable Otto to stay in his guest bedroom. Otto discovers that he has a wallet that contains information about his past life, remembering details about his ex-boyfriend, Rudolf. He arranges to meet him at the schoolyard where they met.
- Jey Crisfar as Otto
- Marcel Schlutt as Fritz Fritze
- Nicholas Fox Ricciardi as Man in Hooded Sweatshirt
- Keith Boehm as Man in a Suit and Hat
- Olivia Barth as Woman in Black Burga
- Christophe Chemin as Maximilian
- Katharina Klewinghaus as Medea Yarn
- Gio Black Peter as Rudolph
- Bürger P.
The film's soundtrack (released on CD and as a Limited Double LP on the Crippled Dick Hot Wax label) contains an eclectic selection of pieces by contemporary musicians. Among them: Antony and the Johnsons, CocoRosie, The Homophones, Othon Mataragas and Ernesto Tomasini.
Merlinka festival International Queer Film Festival, Belgrade Serbia - Best Queer Film
- Otto; or, Up with the Dead People - Box Office Mojo Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- "OTTO; OR UP WITH DEAD PEOPLE (2008)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 29 July 2018.
- Official website
- Otto; or Up with Dead People at AllMovie
- Otto; or Up with Dead People on IMDb
- Otto; or Up with Dead People at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about a 2000s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a film with a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender theme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|