Otto Lara Resende
|Otto Lara Resende|
1 May 1922|
São João del Rei, Minas Gerais, Brazil
28 December 1992 (aged 70)|
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Otto Lara Resende (1 May 1922 – 28 December 1992) was a Brazilian journalist and writer.
Resende began teaching French at age fourteen and at eighteen years old began working as a journalist in the Belo Horizonte newspaper O Diário. In his career he worked at literary supplement of Diário de Minas. In Rio de Janeiro, Resende worked for the Diário de Notícias, O Globo, Diário Carioca, Correio da Manhã, Última Hora and Jornal do Brasil newspapers, Manchete and Senhor magazines, and TV Globo.
He graduated in Law from the Federal University of Minas Gerais.
- O lado humano (short stories, 1952)
- Boca do inferno (short stories, 1957 e 1998)
- O retrato na gaveta (short stories, 1962)
- O braço direito (novel, 1964)
- A cilada (short stories, 1965, published in "Os sete pecados capitais)
- As pompas do mundo (short stories, 1975)
- O elo partido e outras histórias (short stories, 1991)
- Bom dia para nascer (Columns at Folha de S. Paulo, 1993)
- O príncipe e o sabiá e outros perfis (História, 1994)
- A testemunha silenciosa (novellas, 1995).
- "Otto Lara Resende". Memória Globo. O Globo. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
|This article about a Brazilian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|