|Born||1961 (age 58–59)|
|Alma mater||Witten/Herdecke University|
|Known for||Theory U|
Claus Otto Scharmer (born 1961) is a senior lecturer at the Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), a Thousand Talents Program Professor at Tsinghua University, Beijing, and co-founder of the Presencing Institute. He chairs the MIT IDEAS program for cross-sector innovation and is the author/co-author of several books.
Scharmer studied economics at Witten/Herdecke University in Germany, receiving his diploma and eventually his PhD. In 2015 Otto co-founded the MITx u.lab, a massive open online course with more than 140,000 users from 185 countries.
He received the Jamieson Prize for Excellence in Teaching at MIT (2015), and the EU Leonardo Corporate Learning Award for the contributions of Theory U to the future of management (2016). In 2017 he was ranked #1 of the world's top 30 education professionals by globalgurus.org.
- Senge, Peter M.; Scharmer, Claus Otto; Jaworsky, Joseph; Flowers, Betty Sue (2004). Presence: exploring profound change in people, organizations, and society (1st ed.). New York: Currency/Doubleday. ISBN 038551624X. OCLC 61257585.
- Scharmer, Otto; Käufer, Katrin (2013). Leading from the emerging future: from ego-system to eco-system economies (1st ed.). San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler. ISBN 9781605099262. OCLC 813920439.
- Scharmer, Claus Otto (2016) . Theory U: leading from the emerging future. A BK business book (2nd ed.). San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler. ISBN 9781626567986. OCLC 944179658.
- Xu, Qin (July 21, 2016). "Seeing whole picture vital to tomorrow's leaders". ShanghaiDaily.com. Archived from the original on 2017-02-19. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- "People – Presencing Institute". presencing.com. Archived from the original on 2016-04-12. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
- "Otto Scharmer – MIT Department of Urban Studies and Planning". mit.edu. Archived from the original on 2016-07-27. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
- "Otto Scharmer bio". ottoscharmer.com. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
- "Awareness-Based Systems Change with u.lab - How to Sense and Actualize the Future". edx.org. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
- "EPH Conference". ephconference.eu. 2019. Archived from the original on 2019. Retrieved 2019-10-07.
- "Photos: Instructors in accounting and operations management recognized at annual teaching awards – MIT Sloan School of Management". mitsloan.mit.edu. Archived from the original on 2017-05-03. Retrieved 2017-02-15.
- "Thought Leadership » Leonardo Award 2016 » Leonardo". leonardo-award.eu. Archived from the original on 2017-02-15. Retrieved 2017-02-15.
- "Education Gurus 30 – Global Gurus". globalgurus.org. Archived from the original on 2017-05-03. Retrieved 2017-02-15.
- "Presencing Institute". presencing.org.
|This biography of an academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|