Otunba Fatai Olukoga
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Fatai Olajide Olukoga PhD, alias Otunba (born 1951), is currently the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Youth, Sport and Social Development for Lagos State, Nigeria. He is Chairman of the Board of the Nigerian magazine TimesNEWS.
Oloye Fatai Olajide Olukoga was born on 27 September 1951 to the family of the late Sulaimon Adebambo Olukoga ( famous Rtd sales manager with Michelin Tires) of Itunmoja quarters and Alhaja Zainab Abeni(Bakare)of Isele quarters, Ikorodu, Lagos State.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He attended Saint John's School Aroloya, for his primary education, and Ansar-ud-Deen College Isolo for his high school education.
Fatai Olukoga left Lagos, Nigeria in 1971 and attended Malcolm X College in Chicago, Illinois where he received his diploma in Business and Applied Sciences in 1972, after which he proceeded to Governors State University in University Park, Illinois, where he received his Bachelor's degree in social cultural process in 1974, followed by an MBA degree in Marketing and Industrial Relations in 1976.
Olukoga had worked in many organisations; of note were Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, USA; National Biscuit Company, USA; I.T.T Nigeria Ltd; and Lagos State Public Service, Lagos Nigeria.
- 2005-2007- Served as Permanent Secretary, parastatal monitoring and The Ministry of Youth, Sport and Social Development.
- 2001-2005-Director Finance and Administration, in Chief of Staff office,Governors Office Lagos state.
- 2000-2003-Appointed as Executive Director representing the Lagos State Government on the board of Tafawa Balewa Square Ltd, by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- 1998-1999-Appointed as Sole Administrator and later Chairman Care-taker committee, Ojo Local Government, Lagos State, during the transition period from military rule to civilian administration, by Colonel Buba Marwa.
- 1996-1998-Director, Personal Income Tax, Lagos State Board of Internal Revenue.
- 1979-1996- Assistant general manager, Commercial Lagos State waste management authority.
- 1977-1979- Assistant manager(staff development), International telephone and Telegraph Nigeria Limited.
Olukoga has to his credit, published articles in different editions of the Lagos State Bureaucrat, a journal of the Lagos State Public Service on
- Hints on planning process (1996 edition)
- Personal Income Tax Administration (1997 edition)
- Planning for grassroot ( Vo1. 6 No 1 Jan-June 2002)
He is a co-author of the book by Oladele Emmanuel on Personal Taxation in Nigeria. He is the author of a book titled Managing People' (2003) ISSN 1116-6770.
As a chairman of OJO local Government, he also authored the following books: (1) Touch Of excellence ( Kudos to the Olukoga administration- silent revolution in council administration) (2) An Enduring Success of Grassroot Government ( 23 July 1998 – 27 May 1999). (3) My commitment to service ( selected speeches of Fatai Olukoga).
Olukoga also served as member Lagos State electoral review committee (December 2007-June 2008). Presently he is the chairman of Avalange Royal Insurance Brookers Limited and a director in Townserve Microfinance Bank Limited.
He is a promoter of under 17 football talent hunt (since 2006) in Ikorodu Lagos State
He is married to Mulikat Adedoyin (née Onisiwo).