|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Labels||Constellation Records, Merge Records|
|Associated acts||Choir! Choir! Choir!|
Ought formed in 2011 when its members began living together in a communal band practice space and recorded their earliest material. Their debut EP, New Calm, was released in 2012. After signing with Constellation Records, they released a full-length, More than Any Other Day, in 2014. The album achieved critical acclaim, including a Best New Music accolade from Pitchfork Media. It was noted in numerous year-end lists for 2014 including Rolling Stone, Pitchfork, Drowned In Sound, Loud and Quiet, Exclaim!, Crack Magazine, and Paste. The album reached #20 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart in the United States.
In October 2014, the band released Once More with Feeling, an EP featuring B-sides from More Than Any Other Day and re-recordings of earlier songs. Sun Coming Down, the band's second full-length album, was released in September 2015.
Lead singer Tim Darcy released his debut solo album, Saturday Night, in 2017.
- Tim Darcy – guitars, vocals
- Matt May – keyboards
- Ben Stidworthy – bass
- Tim Keen – drums, violin
- More than Any Other Day (Constellation Records, 2014)
- Sun Coming Down (Constellation Records, 2015)
- Room Inside the World (Merge Records / Royal Mountain Records, 2018)
- New Calm (self-released, 2012)
- Once More With Feeling EP (Constellation Records, 2014)
- "Ought: More Than Any Other Day Album Review | Pitchfork". pitchfork.com. Retrieved 2018-03-09.
- Ought Awards, Allmusic
- "Album Review: Ought – Sun Coming Down". 24 September 2015.
- "Room Inside the World - Ought | Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2018-03-09.
- "Tim Darcy: Saturday Night Album Review | Pitchfork". pitchfork.com. Retrieved 2018-03-09.
- Further reading