Oulder Hill Community School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Oulder Hill Community School|
|Type||Comprehensive Community School|
|Department for Education URN||105840 Tables|
|Age||11 to 16|
Oulder Hill Community School High School is a mixed comprehensive community secondary school for 11- to 16-year-olds, located in Rochdale in the Metropolitan Borough of Rochdale, Greater Manchester, England.
In 2003 the school merged with Rydings Special School, a local school for children with disabilities. The merger required a complete reconstruction of the school, which began in 2005 and finished in 2008, and involved the redevelopment of the current site as well as an entirely new building being built on the former playing fields and tennis courts. The Oulder Hill School building remains with the same name and Rydings Special School has been named Redwood Secondary school. The building is now owned by OPERON and the school pays £1 million a year to rent the school from 6am to 6pm.
Once a thriving part of the school, Oulder Hill's sixth form began to decline from the year 2000 onwards. The sixth form closed to new students when Rochdale Sixth Form College opened in September 2010. At the time of closure the sixth form had about 150 students, down from over 600 when it was first established.
Notable former pupils
- Waterloo Road star Shannon Flynn attended the school
- Singer/songwriter Lisa Stansfield attended Oulder Hill
- England. "EduBase - Oulder Hill Community School and Language College". Education.gov.uk. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Oulder Hill Community School and Language College". Rochdale Online. 3 February 2011. Retrieved 7 January 2017.
- Taylor, Paul (4 March 2014). "Lisa Stansfield: Why I shed a tear for Rochdale". Cheshire Life. Retrieved 7 January 2017.