|Location||Oulunsalo, Oulu, Finland|
|Opened||30 June 1953|
|Elevation AMSL||14 m / 47 ft|
Oulu Airport (IATA: OUL, ICAO: EFOU; Finnish: Oulun lentoasema, Swedish: Uleåborgs flygplats) is located in Oulu, Finland, 5.7 NM (10.6 km; 6.6 mi) south-west of the city centre. The airport is the second busiest in Finland after Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, as measured by the number of passengers (ca. 1.1 million in 2018). There are around twenty daily flights to Helsinki. Oulu Airport is also extensively used by the Finnish Air Force for training purposes. Recently the old terminal was demolished for more apron space. A major extension of the main terminal was completed in September 2011. Four new jetbridge gates (gates 13–16) were constructed and the main terminal was expanded by 4,300 square metres (46,000 sq ft), raising the capacity of the airport to 1.5 million passengers per year. The managing body of the airport is Finavia. Oulu Airport has offered free wireless network access for passengers since May 2007.
airBaltic used to operate flights from Oulu Airport to Riga, Turku and other destinations. On 23 September 2010 the company announced that it will open a hub in Oulu, which would mean 10–15 direct destinations out of Oulu. The hub was due to open at the turn of the year 2012/13. The plan was cancelled, however, due to AirBaltic's economical problems. On 28 October 2012 the airline ceased all existing operations to Oulu.
Oulu Airport has one runway, 12/30, which is 2,501 m (8,205 ft) long and 60 m (197 ft) wide. Runway 12 is equipped with Category II Instrument landing system. The runway was renewed in summer 2017.
Airlines and destinations
|Corendon Airlines Europe||Seasonal charter: Chania, Rhodes|
|Norwegian Air Shuttle|| Helsinki |
Seasonal: Gran Canaria, Tenerife-South
|Year||Domestic passengers||International passengers||Total passengers||Change|
|Means of transport||Operator||Route||Destinations||Website||Notes|
|Bus||Oulu Public Transport||8, 9||City Centre (Finnish: Keskusta), University||www.oulunjoukkoliikenne.fi||Every 15 minutes|
- "EFOU Oulu" (PDF). AIP Suomi / Finland. Finavia. 30 June 2011. pp. EFOU AD 2.1, 1–12. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 March 2017. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "panOULU now available at the Oulu Airport". panOulu. 5 April 2007. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "airBaltic to Open a New Hub in Oulu, Finland". AirBaltic. 23 September 2010. Archived from the original on 24 September 2010. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- "Air Balticin solmusuunnitelma kuivui kasaan". YLE Uutiset (in Finnish). 23 March 2012. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- Liu, Jim. "Corendon Airlines Europe S19 new routes/sectors". Routesonline. Retrieved 17 April 2019.