The town hall of Oulunsalo
|• Municipal manager||Sirkka Ylitervo|
|• Total||211.22 km2 (81.55 sq mi)|
|• Land||83.36 km2 (32.19 sq mi)|
|• Water||127.86 km2 (49.37 sq mi)|
|• Density||46/km2 (120/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Oulunsalo is former municipality in the region of Northern Ostrobothnia, in Finland. Along with Haukipudas, Kiiminki and Yli-Ii it lost its municipal status and was merged with the city of Oulu on 1 January 2013. The municipality had a population of 9,746 (31 December 2012) and covered an area of 211.22 square kilometres (81.55 sq mi) of which 127.86 km2 (49.37 sq mi) is water. The population density is 116.915/km2 (302.81/sq mi). The municipality was founded in 1882.
Oulu Airport is located in Oulunsalo.
Oulunsalo was one of the fastest growing areas in Finland among the other municipalities around Oulu.
Results of the Finnish parliamentary election, 2011 in Oulunsalo:
- Centre Party 33.1%
- True Finns 21.4%
- National Coalition Party 15.9%
- Left Alliance 10.9%
- Social Democratic Party 8.9%
- Green League 6.4%
- Christian Democrats 2.3%
- Pirate Party 0.3%
- Swedish People's Party 0.3%
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 31.12.2012" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Archived from the original on 3 October 2013. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "Kuntien nimet ja niiden taivutus" (in Finnish). Research Institute for the Languages of Finland. 14 January 2009. Archived from the original on 23 December 2011. Retrieved 16 May 2009.
- Media related to Oulunsalo at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Oulunsalo – Official website (in Finnish)
|This Oulu Province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|