Our Lady J is an American classical pianist, television writer, and singer-songwriter. She is a writer and producer for the television series Transparent and Pose.
Born in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, Our Lady J attended Interlochen Center for the Arts from 1994 to 1996, majoring in piano during her junior and senior years of high school. In 2000, she moved to New York City, where she freelanced as an accompanist. In 2004, J became the musical director and accompanist for the Broadway performer Natalie Joy Johnson and came out as transgender. She grew to popularity in 2013 when releasing her critically acclaimed first studio album, Picture of a Man. Our Lady J has played piano at Carnegie Hall, American Ballet Theatre, and for the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
- Picture of a Man (2013)
- ^ Ennis, Dawn (December 4, 2014). "Transparent Creator on Show's First Trans Writer". The Advocate.
- ^ Andreeva, Nellie (2017-10-25). "FX's 'Pose': Ryan Murphy Sets Largest Transgender Cast Ever For Scripted Series". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- ^ "Transparent writer on plotting her own journey". Interlochen Center for the Arts.
- ^ "Our Lady J Evolves, One Dolly Parton Cover at a Time". New York Times. December 10, 2014.
- ^ "Our Lady J, Transparent's first trans writer, discusses becoming part of the family". Los Angeles Times. December 11, 2015.
- ^ a b "Our Lady J's 'Picture of a Man' Album Indiegogo Campaign Features Celebrity Friends". Huff Post. May 24, 2014. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- ^ "Our Lady J on Gender, Discrimination, & Hollywood Starting to "Get It Right"". INTO. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Our Lady J.|