Our Lady of Fatima Convent High School
|Our Lady of Fátima Convent High School|
Statue of Our Lady of Fátima at the school
|Motto||Deus Meus Et Omnia - My God, My All|
|Founder||Mother Seraphina Farolfi|
|Principal||Sister Celine Anthony |
|Grades||Lower and Upper Kindergarten, Classes I - X|
|Campus size||2 acres (8,100 m2)|
|Campus type||Urban-Open Campus.|
|Houses||4 (St Clare, St Francis, St Joseph, St Mary)|
|Colour(s)||Blue and white|
Our Lady of Fátima Convent High School is a convent school located in the city of Patiala in Punjab, India. The school is run by Catholic nuns who live on the school campus itself. The nuns, mostly belonging to the southern Indian state of Kerala, bought the small patch of land from the scion of the erstwhile Patiala State back in 1960 and for more than 40 years have been working to provide quality education at an affordable price to the children of Patiala.
About the school
Our Lady of Fátima Convent High School was established in the year 1960. It is run by Seraphina Educational Society, Dehradun. The main aim of the society is education of the youth, especially the poor and the abandoned children. Since 1901 the Society is actively engaged in the field of education in India. It is a co-educational institution affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The medium of instruction is English. It is run Seraphina Educational Society, Dehradun.
The Educational vision is:
- The education of the young with a preferential option for the poor, the marginalized or the underprivileged in the slum/interior rural areas.
- The care of the orphaned/destitute children.
- The service of the poor especially in the remote regions
Crest & motto
The crest of the school consists of two crossed arms, the naked one of Jesus Christ and the robed one of Saint Francis of Assisi. It bears the inscription "Porto I Misteri" which means "I carry the mysteries", and IHS which is a Christogram.
The motto "Deus Meus Et Omnia" means "My God and all".
The four houses are named after Christian saints. All the extracurricular activities are conducted between these four houses.
On 29 September 1982 there were a group of children from the school picnicking around the Nangal Dam area. The children accompanied by teachers went for a boat ride when unfortunately some of the boats started to sink and 22 6th grade children drowned in the lake. The 22 flower pots commemorate those who died and the names of children are listed just below the statue of Lady Fatima at the school entrance. Later their parents established a school - the Children memorial school.
- "Official Site".
- "Our Lady of Fatima Staff". Our Lady of Fatima Convent School Patiala. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- "Official Website".
- "OLOF Golden Jubilee Celebrated in 2009". Punjab Newsline. Retrieved 2009-10-15.
- "Our Lady of Fatima Staff". Our Lady of Fatima Convent School Patiala. Retrieved 01-07-2013. Check date values in:
- Our Lady of Fátima Convent High School – Official website