Our Lady of Lourdes Church Complex (Providence, Rhode Island)
Our Lady of Lourdes Church Complex
Our Lady of Lourdes Church
|Location||Providence, Rhode Island|
|Area||2 acres (0.81 ha)|
|Architect||Murphy, Ambrose J.
|Architectural style||Late 19th And 20th Century Revivals, Romanesque|
|NRHP Reference #||90000343 |
|Added to NRHP||March 15, 1990|
Our Lady of Lourdes consists of four buildings: a church, rectory, school, and convent. The church is a steel-frame structure clad in brick, designed by Ambrose Murphy and built in 1925. The rectory is a two-story brick structure with hip roof; it was built in 1912. The original rectory, built in 1905 to a design by Walter Fontaine, was converted for use as a convent when the new rectory was built. The school building, also built in 1905 to a Fontaine design, is the largest structure in the complex, and originally served as both school and church until the student population grew too large for the educational facilities.
- Catholic Church in the United States
- Catholic parish church
- Index of Catholic Church articles
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Providence, Rhode Island
- Pastoral care
- National Park Service (2007-01-23). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "NRHP nomination for Our Lady of Lourdes Church Complex" (PDF). Rhode Island Preservation. Retrieved 2014-10-24.
|This article about a Registered Historic Place in Providence County, Rhode Island is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Rhode Island is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|