Our Lady of Soufanieh
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The apparitions reportedly occurred in December 1982, and January, February and March 1983. A flow of oil from an image of the Virgin Mary (described as miraculous), as well as oozing of oil from the face and hands of Myrna Nazzour, is said by observers to have accompanied the apparitions.
Reporter Brigid Keenan wrote that the oil ostensibly produced by Nazzour has been analyzed as "100 per cent olive oil", and that hundreds of people, including some doctors and psychiatrists, have witnessed Nazzour's secretions and failed to find evidence of trickery. According to her reports, Nazzour developed stigmata wounds in the "forehead, hands, feet and side", and the Virgin appeared to her outside her own home. Nazzour said the Virgin told her that "Christians should pray for peace, love one another and pray for the unity of the Christian churches."
- Nicholas J. Santoro (12 August 2011). Mary in Our Life: Atlas of the Names and Titles of Mary, the Mother of Jesus, and Their Place in Marian Devotion. iUniverse. pp. 507–. ISBN 978-1-4620-4021-6. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- Keenan, Brigid (11 August 1994). "Myrna and the oil: an everyday miracle: How does a woman become a modern saint? In Damascus Brigid Keenan met Myrna Nazzour and saw for herself . . .". The Independent (UK). Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- Marius Kociejowski The Street Philosopher and the Holy Fool: A Syrian Journey (Sutton Publishing) Stroud 2004, contains a chapter on Myrna Nazzour "Our Lady of Soufanieh".
- Zahlaoui, Élias: Soufanieh. - in Sbalchiero, Patrick (ed.)(2002): Dictionnaire des miracles et de l'extraordinaire chrétien. - Paris: Fayard, p. 738-741.
- Sbalchiero, Patrick: Damas/ Soufanieh. - in Laurentin, René/ Sbalchiero, Patrick (ed.)(2007): Dictionnaire des "apparitions" de la Vierge Marie. - Paris: Fayard, p. 1093-1097.
- Touw, Johannes M.: Öl-Materialisationen und Stigmen in Soufanieh (Damaskus). - in: Resch, Andreas (1997): Paranormologie und Religion. - Innsbruck: Resch, p. 251-321.
- Robert J. Fox (2002): Light from the East – Miracles of Our Lady of Soufanieh.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Our Lady of Soufanieh.|