Our Revolution (book)
|Published||November 15, 2016|
Thomas Dunne Books|
St. Martin's Press
|Followed by||The Bernie Sanders Guide to Political Revolution|
It was released on November 15, 2016, a week after the election of Donald Trump. The book was written in the context of Sanders's 2016 presidential campaign and aimed to explain some of its rationale.
In the book, Sanders sets out his position on climate change, free college tuition, income inequality, closing the gender wage gap and defeating Donald Trump while campaigning for Hillary Clinton during the last three months leading to the 2016 presidential election.
Sanders discusses how his presidential campaign was considered by the political establishment and the media to be a "fringe" campaign and something not to be taken seriously. He discusses his initial struggle as being an "Independent senator from a small state with little name recognition". The memoir also covers how his campaign had no money, no political organization, and it was taking on the entire Democratic Party establishment.
In Our Revolution, Sanders shares his personal experiences from the campaign trail, recounting the details of his primary fight and the people who made it possible. He outlines a progressive economic, environmental, racial, and social justice agenda that will create jobs, raise wages, protect the environment, and provide health care for all—and ultimately transform our country and our world for the better.
John R. Coyne Jr. gave the memoir a positive review for The Washington Times saying that "For starters, it tells us who this man who energized so many young people really is — an enthusiastic young socialist trapped in an old curmudgeon's body, his ideas basically just as fresh to him today as when he left his native Brooklyn".
David Weigel of The Denver Post said that the memoir was "like a sitcom character who gets beaned on the head and hallucinates an angel — or a talking dog, or a 75-year-old senator from Vermont — spinning lessons about what really matters in life".
- Stronger Together, Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign book
- Crippled America, Donald Trump's 2016 campaign book published in 2015
- Our Revolution, A PAC set up to support Sanders's policies and campaign for progressive candidates.
- Brooks, Katherine (December 14, 2016). "Bernie Sanders' New Book Takes Corporate Media To Task". Culture & Arts. The Huffington Post. Oath Inc. Archived from the original on June 2, 2018. Retrieved June 2, 2018.
In his book, published on Nov. 15  by Thomas Dunne Books, he [Bernie Sanders] cites an early experience with 'the nature of the media's political coverage,' recounting the time Vermont news outlets focused their attention on a candidate for state representative who skied around the state to meet voters, downplaying the actual issues affecting voters.
- "Our Revolution: A Future to Believe In". Barnes & Noble. November 30, 2016. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- "The Story Behind This Week's Best Seller". The New York Times. November 25, 2016. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- John R. Coyne Jr. (November 26, 2016). "'Our Revolution: A Future to Believe In'". The Washington Times. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- David Weigel (November 27, 2016). "Review: Bernie Sanders book "Our Revolution" is deadpan and wonkish". The Denver Post. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- Rodman, Sarah (November 28, 2017). "Carrie Fisher nets Grammy nod in spoken-word category, faces off with Springsteen and Bernie Sanders". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved November 28, 2017.