Our School's E.T.
|Our School's E.T.|
Theatrical poster for Our School's E.T.
|Revised Romanization||Ulhakgyo iti|
|Directed by||Park Kwang-chun|
|Produced by||Choi Yong-gi
|Written by||Choi Jin-won|
|Story by||Lee Hyeon-cheol|
|Music by||Choi Man-sik|
|Edited by||Shin Min-kyung|
|Distributed by||SK Telecom
Our School's E.T. (Hangul: 울학교 이티; RR: Ulhakgyo Iti) is a 2008 South Korean comedy-drama film directed by Park Kwang-chun (also known as K.C. Park). It stars Kim Su-ro as an unconventional, "alien-like" high school P.E. teacher whose position is put at stake when the school adopts a new policy to boost English education, so he decides that becoming an English teacher (E.T.) overnight is his only hope.
Chun Sung-geun is the gym teacher of a private high school in an upscale district where competition is heated among students to enter top colleges. Called "E.T." by his students because of his quirky appearance and behavior, he is a teacher who has lived life his own lazy, ignorant way for years without any worries. But one day he's hit with a crisis: At the school's board meeting, a parent requests that the school get rid of "useless" gym classes and expand the hours for English classes. The school decides to hire another English teacher—at the cost of a gym teacher. In danger of losing his position, he remembers by chance that he obtained a license to teach English a decade ago. The school board president tells him to pass a test in order for her to acknowledge it. So Sung-geun, who hasn't spoken (much less taught) English for ten years, faces the near-impossible task of becoming an English teacher within two weeks. His only weapon is his amazingly incomparable physical strength, and with the help of a few students who understand his warm heart, the simpleton Sung-geun begins his rigorous training to exercise his brain "muscles" to master English in his journey to become the school's E.T.
- Kim Su-ro as Chun Sung-geun
- Lee Han-wi as Principal Joo Ho-shik
- Kim Sung-ryung as school board director Lee
- Baek Sung-hyun as Baek Jung-goo
- Park Bo-young as Han Song-yi
- Lee Min-ho as Oh Sang-hoon
- Moon Chae-won as Lee Eun-shil
- Lee Chan-ho as Ok Ki-ho
- Kim Hyeong-beom as Cha Seung-ryong, English teacher
- Kim Ki-bang as "Meok-tong" (meaning hard-headed)
- Park Jin-taek as Jin-gook
- Kim Young-ok as Sung-geun's mother
- Kim Byung-ok as president of publishing company
- Ha Jung-woo as handsome doctor (cameo)
- Jang Hee-soo as Ki-ho's mother
- Lee Young-yi as Eun-shil's mother
- Lee Hyung-kwon as Vice principal
- Gong Ho-seok as Teacher Choi
- Lee Chan-young as Byeong-jin
- Oh Yeon-seo as Soo-jin
- Maeng Bong-hak as Vice principal of countryside school
- Choi Yoon-jung as Yoon-jung
- Jeon In-geol as Kyeong-sam
- Kim Dong-beom as Je-dong
- Min Ji-hyun as Ki-ho's seat partner
- Kim Jae-rok as math teacher
- Jung Jong-yeol as music teacher
- Lee Sa-bi as chemistry teacher
- Yoo Jeong-ho as English Kim
- Kim Si-hyang as Sang-hoon's girlfriend
- Oh Soon-tae as Jo Ba-nom
- "Ulhakgyo E.T. (Our School's E.T.) (2008)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2008-10-26.
- Lee, Hyo-won (20 August 2008). "Actor Kim Su-ro as English Teacher on Big Screen". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- Yang, Sung-jin (22 August 2008). "Kim Soo-ro to play a quirky English teacher". The Korea Herald via Hancinema. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- Wee, Geun-woo (27 April 2010). "My Name Is: Baek Sung-hyun". 10Asia. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- Ko, Jae-wan (29 April 2010). "STAR DIARY: Lee Min-ho - Part 4". 10Asia. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- Kang, Myoung-seok (21 October 2009). "10LINE: Lee Min-ho". 10Asia. Retrieved 2014-02-27.