|Founded||Lisboa, Portugal (2001)|
|Headquarters||Atlanta, GA - USA|
Paulo Rosado, CEO
Miguel Lopes, VP Product Management
Pedro Pimenta, VP R&D
Rui Pereira, VP Professional Services
Rui Sousa, CFO
Steve Rotter, CMO
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Atlanta, GA - USA
San Ramon, CA - USA
Maarssen, The Netherlands
The OutSystems Platform is a high-productivity platform as a service (PaaS) intended for developing and delivering enterprise web and mobile applications, generated in Java or .Net, which run in the cloud, on-premises or in hybrid environments. The current version is 9, for both the paid and unpaid versions - developers are permitted personal cloud environments to use the platform without charge.
- In April 2016, OutSystems was named a leader in The Forrester Wave: Low-Code Development Platforms, Q2 2016
- In March 2016, OutSystems was named a visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service, Worldwide, 2016 
- In 2016, OutSystems raised $55 million in its first round of US institutional capital.
- In February 2015 OutSystems was named a leader in the Mobile Application Development Platforms (MADP) Solutions Decision Matrix, by OVUM
- In December 2014 Forrester Research name OutSystems as a leader in the Forrester Wave: Enterprise Public Cloud Platform for Rapid Developers Q4-2014
- In June 2014, OutSystems is mentioned in a new Forrester report titled 'New Development Platforms Emerge For Customer-Facing Applications' 
- In November 2013, IDGConnect names OutSystems one of 20 red hot B2B tech companies to watch in 2014
- In April 2007 NeSBIC CTe Funds (“NeSBIC) sold their shares to Fundo de Capital de Risco Espirito Santo Ventures II.
- In 2004, the company signed an investment agreement with Fundo de Capital de Risco para Investidores Qualificados PME Investimentos and Fundo de Sindicação de Capital de Risco PME-IAPMEI for a Series B funding.
- In 2001 the company received round A funding from NesBIC CTe FUND (Fortis Group) and released the first version of its product.
- OutSystems is a limited liability company founded in 2000.
Memberships and Associations
OutSystems is a member of the Consortium of IT Software Quality (CISQ). CISQ brings together industry executives from Global 2000 IT organizations, system integrators, outsourcers, and package vendors to jointly address the challenge of standardizing the measurement of IT software quality and to promote a market-based ecosystem to support its deployments.
- "The Forrester Wave™: Low-Code Development Platforms, Q2 2016, The 14 Providers That Matter Most And How They Stack Up". Forrester. Retrieved 2016-04-14.
- "Low-Code Dev Tools Meet Need for Speed". ADT Mag. Retrieved 2016-04-14.
- "Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service, Worldwide". Gartner. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "OutSystems Raises $55 Million, Plans To fuel Sales, Marketing And Product Innovation Worldwide". SuperbCrew. Retrieved 2016-02-12.
- Azoff, Michael. "Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a Mobile App Development Platform Solution, 2015–16". Ovum. Ovum. Retrieved 2015-02-16.
- Rymer, John. "The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms, Q4 2014". Forrester. Forrester. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- Rymer, John. "New Development Platforms Emerge For Customer-Facing Applications". Forrester. Forrester. Retrieved 2014-06-25.
- Silva, Tiago. "PME Investimentos reforça posição financeira na OutSystems". Lusa. Sapo. Retrieved 2009-10-25.