Out of Life
|Out of Life|
|Directed by||Maroun Bagdadi|
|Written by||Maroun Bagdadi
Rafic Ali Ahmad
|Music by||Nicola Piovani|
|15 May 1991 (premiere at Cannes)|
Out of Life (French: Hors la vie) is a 1991 film directed by Lebanese director Maroun Bagdadi. The film tells the story of a French photographer (played by Hippolyte Girardot), who is kidnapped in Beirut, Lebanon, and attempts to maintain his personal dignity in the face of torture and brainwashing. The story was inspired by the events surrounding the kidnapping of Roger Auque during the Lebanon hostage crisis. The film was produced by the French companies Galatée Films and Films A2.
- Hippolyte Girardot - Patrick Perrault
- Rafic Ali Ahmad - Walid 'Chief'
- Hussein Sbeity - Omar
- Habib Hammoud - Ali 'Philippe'
- Majdi Machmouchi - Moustapha
- Hassan Farhat - Ahmed 'Frankenstein'
- Hassan Zbib - Fadi
- Nabila Zeitouni - Najat
- Hamza Nasrallah - 'De Niro'
- Sami Hawat - Hassan
- Sabrina Leurquin - Isabelle
- Roger Assaf - Farid
- Nidal Al-Askhar - Khaled's Mother (as Nidal Ashkar)
- Fadi Abou Khalil - (as Fady Abou Khalil)
- "Festival de Cannes: Out of Life". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
|This article related to a French film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|