Out of My Hair
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Out of My Hair
Front cover of Out of My Hair 1996 album, Drop The Roof
|Labels||RCA Records, BMG|
|Associated acts||International Love Corporation|
|Past members||Simon Eugene|
Barney C. Rockford
Odran 'Oddy' Jennings
Out of My Hair was a British pop/alternative rock band, active in the mid 1990s. The band consisted of Simon Eugene, also known as Comfort (vocals, guitar, bass, piano, keyboards), Sean Elliot (guitar), Kenny Rumbles (drums) and George Muranyi (keyboards). Their single Mister Jones entered the UK Singles Chart peaking at number 73.
The early version of the band was formed in 1991 by Eugene. Early membership included Barny C. Rockford (who later became a member of The Auteurs) on drums. The band performed several gigs in the UK and Amsterdam, but did not release any records.
In late 1993 Eugene, feeling that "the chemistry of the band didn't seem right", decided to reform it. Elliot remained on guitar, Rockford was replaced by Kenny Rumbles, Eugene replaced Jake on bass and John George joined the band as another guitarist.
In June 1994 their first single was released, featuring two songs: "In the Groove Again" and "River of Gold". In late 1995 the band released their only full album, Drop The Roof. The album was first released in Japan, where it gained a relatively significant success. A UK release followed in early 1996, but it failed to become popular.
In spite of some positive criticism, and a success of the "In the Groove Again" single, the band remained unknown to the wide public and quietly disappeared around 1997.
- "Hearts Desire" (7", Red) RCA 1994
- "In The Groove Again" (7", Single) RCA 1994
- "In The Groove Again" (CD, Single) RCA 1994
- "Mister Jones" (CD, Single, Dig) BMG 1995 - UK No. 73
- "Safe Boy" (CD, Single) BMG 1995
- Drop The Roof (CD) BMG Victor Inc. 1995
Different track listing order from the original UK version. It omitted "Gracie's Social Please Me's" and "That's All" and added "Cool Mathematician", "River Of Gold", "She Turns It On" and "Strange Company".
- Drop The Roof (CD) BMG 1996
- Simon Eugine Bio - Simon Eugene's official website
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 412. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- [RCA Out Of My Hair Biography by Comfort]