Out of the Dark (1989 film)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Out of the Dark|
|Directed by||Michael Schroeder|
Zane W. Levitt|
David C. Thomas
J. Greg De Felice|
Zane W. Levitt
|Edited by||Mark S. Manos|
|Distributed by||CineTel Films|
|Box office||$419,428 (USA)|
"Suite Nothings" is a sleazy L.A. phone-sex hot-line voiced by failed models. Preying on them is Bobo, a psychotic killer who dresses in a clown costume. While the police try to uncover the clown's identity, the agency's models fall to Bobo's murderous rage.
- Karen Black as Ruth Wilson
- Bud Cort as Doug Stringer
- Geoffrey Lewis as Dennis
- Tracey Walter as Lt. Frank Meyers
- Divine as Det. Langella
- Cameron Dye as Kevin Silvers
- Lainie Kazan as Hooker Nancy
- Karen Witter as Jo Ann
- Karen Mayo-Chandler as Barbara
- Tab Hunter as Driver
- Paul Bartel as Hotel Clerk
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2018)
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Out of the Dark was released on VHS and Laserdisc in 1989 by RCA/Columbia Pictures home video. Sony Pictures released the film on a manufactured-on-demand DVD-R of the film on March 1, 2011. The film ran on FearNet in 2009.
Mill Creek Entertainment re-released Out of the Dark on DVD.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2018)
Stephen Holden from the New York Times gave the film a negative review, calling it "misogynistic" and criticized its inconsistent tone. Time Out called it "A straight re-run of those '70s slasher pics", and criticized the film for the obvious identity of the killer. TV Guide awarded the film one out of four stars, stating that the only real selling point was the "eccentric array of supporting players".
- Holden, Stephen. "Review/Film; 'Out of The Dark,' Phone Sex - The New York Times". New York Times.com. Stephen Holden. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Out of the Dark, directed by Michael Schroeder". TIme Out.com. Time Out. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Out Of The Dark - Movie Reviews and Movie Ratings". TV Guide.com. TV Guide. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- Out of the Dark (1989) at AllMovie
- Out of the Dark (1989) on IMDb
- Out of the Dark (1989) at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about an erotic thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|