|Industry||Business ratings and reviews|
|Jesse Boyes, Co-founder, Joe Cohen, Co-founder|
Number of employees
Outalot relies on User-generated content for its restaurant, bar, and shop reviews. Unlike its competitors, users are restricted in Outalot to short reviews of 140 characters or less, and a simple "thumbs-up / thumbs-down" rating. The intention behind such limited review is to make the service more user-friendly for mobile users and for users scanning the site quickly.
The mobile phone or PDA, using Outalot service, receive online coupons and free offers as you walk by a registered store or partner. Showing your phone at the cash register is materializing your offer.
- Cents-Off Coupons and Other Special Deals, via Your Cellphone New York Times.
- Outalot.com - Find Food, Shops, Movies, and Bars Nearby Killer Start Ups
- Outalot is For Those Who Go Outside a Lot Center Networks
- all about location, location, location Touchtip
- We would like to call to your attention a neat new service called Outalot DBTH
- Ads, Ads Everywhere New York University BER Business Times
- "Outalot is For Those Who Go Outside a Lot". Centernetworks.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- "Outalot - ProgrammableWeb Mashup Detail". ProgrammableWeb.com. Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- "Outalot.com - Find Food, Shops, Movies, and Bars Nearby | Visit outalot.com". Killerstartups.com. Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- 16 Sep. "8coupons on Outalot! | New York City deals source, 8coupons NYC blog". Blog.8coupons.com. Archived from the original on 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- Baribeau, Simone. "BER Business Times » Ads, Ads Everywhere". Journalism.nyu.edu. Archived from the original on 2010-06-18. Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-02-19. Retrieved 2009-04-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)