Outcasts (Marvel Comics)
- 1 Outcasts (Subterranea)
- 2 Outcasts (Mutates)
- 3 Outcasts (Mercenaries)
- 4 Other versions
- 5 In other media
- 6 References
- 7 External links
|First appearance||Fantastic Four Annual #13|
|Created by||Bill Mantlo (writer)
Sal Buscema (artist)
The Outcasts are a fictional group of characters from the Marvel Universe.
The Outcasts first appeared in Fantastic Four Annual #13 (1978). The superhuman members of the Outcasts first appeared in Marvel Treasury Edition #25 (1980) and were created by Bill Mantlo and Sal Buscema. The Outcasts subsequently appear in ROM #28 (March 1982) and Iron Man Annual #12 (1991).
The Outcasts are people who are ugly, deformed, or disabled who believe themselves to be outcasts in human society and have therefore chosen to live under the Mole Man's rule in Subterranea. The Mole Man has granted superhuman powers to a number of the Outcasts.
- Boulder  - Boulder has superhuman strength and durability. His current whereabouts is unknown.
- Digger  - Digger can slice through most substances with his clawed hands. His current whereabouts are unknown.
- Landslide  - Landslide can induce shattering internal vibrations within a person or object by touching it. This includes the ability to create earthquake tremors. His current whereabouts are unknown.
- Water Witch  - Water Witch controls water with a wand. She can also project ice, water or steam. She was briefly a member of the Femizons. Her current whereabouts are unknown.
|First appearance||Incredible Hulk vol. 2, #329|
|Created by||Al Milgrom (writer)
Danny Bulanadi (artist)
The Outcasts are a fictional group of characters from the Marvel Comics Universe. They are animals and plant life that are mutated during the same gamma radiation explosion that mutates Bruce Banner. Their only appearance is in The Incredible Hulk vol. 2, #329 (March 1987).
The Outcasts are animals mutated by radiation exposure outside of Gamma Base that live in Bruce Banner's old desert lab. They befriend the Rick Jones version of the Hulk until they are attacked by S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. After Jones defeats them, he offers to stay and protect the Outcasts. Rattilore knows that S.H.I.E.L.D. will not stop looking for Jones, so he asks him to leave and leads the Outcasts to live underground.
Although only Rattilore is named in their appearance, others have been named in World War Hulk: The Gamma Files (2007) and other reference material.
- Ech - Ech is a mutated cactus.
- Eeek - Eeek is a small mutated mammal.
- Falco - Falco is a mutated falcon.
- Gil - Gil is a mutated Gila monster.
- Iggo - Iggo is a mutated rock creature.
- Kir - Kir is a mutated bat.
- Kkk-Kkk - Kkk-Kkk is a mutated ant.
- Rattilore - Rattilore is the mutated rattlesnake that leads the Outcasts.
- Sting - Sting is a mutated scorpion.
- Vult - Vult is a mutated vulture.
|First appearance||Alpha Flight #122|
|Created by||Simon Furman (writer)
Barry Kitson (artist)
|Type of organization||Mercenaries|
The Outcasts are a fictional group of mercenaries from the Marvel Comics Universe that only appear in Alpha Flight #122-#123 (July - August 1993).
The Outcasts are a group of post-World War II mercenaries and former partners of Puck.
- Cleft (Thomas Greaves) - Cleft has superhuman strength and invulnerability.
- Depth Charge - Depth Charge has superhuman strength.
- Flagstone - Flagstone has superhuman strength.
Age of Apocalypse
- Although unrelated, during the Age of Apocalypse, a group of travelling mutants disguised as an entertainment troupe is known as the Outcasts. This includes Brute, Mastermind, Soaron, Toad, X-Man and their leader Forge. Later recruits were Sonique and Essex. All but Sonique, Soaron and X-Man are slain by either Essex or Domino and her Marauders.
In other media
- The mutate Outcasts were featured in the first season of The Incredible Hulk.
- Marvel Treasury Edition #25
- X-Man #1
- X-Man #2
- X-Man #3
- Outcasts (Subterranea version) at the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe